WesternU MSMS Fall 2012/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow Western almost gave me a heart attack lol. I emailed them yesterday asking about my app status (i have not heard from them either way) and they told me my app was on hold. I was so sad. This morning they sent me an email saying I have an interview this friday!! :D I'm just scared they sent to the wrong person lol.:eek: 1 day to prepare...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow Western almost gave me a heart attack lol. I emailed them yesterday asking about my app status (i have not heard from them either way) and they told me my app was on hold. I was so sad. This morning they sent me an email saying I have an interview this friday!! :D I'm just scared they sent to the wrong person lol.:eek: 1 day to prepare...:scared:

Congrats dude, good luck on Friday!

Can you link me to that fb page? I only see last years.

Yea the page is private for accepted students only. If you have been accepted go to the"WesternU MSMS Q&A Prospective student" page and on the wall there it tells you who to message to get added. =) Hope that helps. If you can't find it message me and I'll try to help you out more.

Members don't see this ad :)

I got an email this morning too about the interview this Friday! See you there! =]

Did anyone apply around the deadline and already have a review and decision on their App? I submitted Feb 29 and nothing so far....

Did anyone apply around the deadline and already have a review and decision on their App? I submitted Feb 29 and nothing so far....

i submitted my application Feb 27 and just got an email for an interview today

Some guy at our interview found out the day before and he had to fly in from Utah!

You'll be fine! Good Luck!

Nice meeting you guys at today's interview. Hope to see you guys in June! :D

I'm actually surprised you don't just apply straight to DO programs with your stats. Your GPA and MCAT scores are good enough to be admitted into DO.

I am inclined to a neurology-like specialty, and I want to do research. Therefore I need to study the basic medical sciences instead of MMR techniques, as a med student - though I probably will get some training with this in my free time. I am tempted to apply DO though.

Did they tell you that? Or are you just assuming? Because I know someone who applied right before the deadline, and they are still waiting for their file to be ready for evaluation by the department. So they are not even done looking at everyone. I'm sure they'll have more interviews coming up. Don't give up!

I applied the day before the deadlind and received the ready for evaluation e-mail today, and that was surprising since I thoguht the app was under review.

I just spoke with admissions and was told that they just added another interview date in early may...bringing the total to five interview groups. For those interviewees who have been placed on hold, this means we might not find out til mid-may...ugh!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke with admissions and was told that they just added another interview date in early may...bringing the total to five interview groups. For those interviewees who have been placed on hold, this means we might not find out til mid-may...ugh!

oh wow. I think Jodi said they will interview about 80 this year? There were about 17 people in each interview group right? Does anyone know if they will still look at GPA/MCAT after interview or decision is based of interviews only?

I think there were 20 in each of the first 2 groups, 17 on the 3rd group and with 2 more total will be closer to 100 than 80

I think there were 20 in each of the first 2 groups, 17 on the 3rd group and with 2 more total will be closer to 100 than 80

i forgot if she mentioned the committee will meet soon to decide on the 3rd group or wait til after the other 2 groups. Do you remember?

I do know she told us she would TRY to get the committee together but it was hard. She also said she hoped to let us know in two weeks (I don't think we will)

If I remember correctly, 14 accept, 11 reject, rest either wait-listed or put on "hold"

If I remember correctly, 14 accept, 11 reject, rest either wait-listed or put on "hold"

so this is out of the 40 people from the first group? around a third of students interviewed get accepted?

I know. It does sound like 1/3 is a lot.Do you remember getting these same numbers?

oh wow. I think Jodi said they will interview about 80 this year? There were about 17 people in each interview group right? Does anyone know if they will still look at GPA/MCAT after interview or decision is based of interviews only?

During my interview on March 28th with faculty, they told me that the applications would be briefly reviewed again and compared to the interview evaluation.

Does anyone know if any Pre-Dents have been accepted yet? Supposedly last year they filled up their Pre-DO spots and saved the dental acceptances for last. Just curious if they are doing that again.

I know. It does sound like 1/3 is a lot.Do you remember getting these same numbers?

lol actually I think 1/3 sounds little because based on last year's stats (on their website), they interviewed 58 for a class of 30 people (they accepted more than 30, but i forgot the number)

I just remember she mentioned they will interview about 80 people for a class of 35 for this year. But maybe they're looking for more applicants with better fit for the school that's why they added May date :xf: Or maybe they're just looking for more dental students :scared:.

I wonder if they had already sent out all decisions to the people from first two interview dates and now moving onto deciding for April 13th date.

They're only accepting 30, the class is going to have 35 people because 5 people deferred their acceptance to this year.

I don't know whether waiting for my MCAT score was harder or waiting for this :laugh:

How was the interview yesterday for those who went? :) How many interviewees were there? Did Jodi say when they will evaluate the applicants or any info? thanks!

When did you interview? How were you notified of hold status?

How was the interview yesterday for those who went? :) How many interviewees were there? Did Jodi say when they will evaluate the applicants or any info? thanks!

I went to the interviews and they were better than I expected. They were very laid back and overall I had a great time. Jodi mentioned that she is trying to get the committee to meet sometime next week. I also know that the last set of interviews are scheduled for May 2nd, so I expect that the committee will meet all at once to decide on the candidates.

Interviewed on 4/13 but I do not think anyone in our group has heard back. Were you in first/ second group?

Probably the second, I applied at the deadline...I am deciding between two other programs now...

I am still waiting to hear back from western (had my interview last week). I was recently accepted into UCSF's dental post bac... can anyone chirp in on their thoughts between the two programs?

I got an email saying my application was placed on a pre-interview hold. I applied close to the deadline. I read on an earlier post I read that the last interview is on May 2nd (this wednesday)....I'd appreciate some news or input

I got an email saying my application was placed on a pre-interview hold. I applied close to the deadline. I read on an earlier post I read that the last interview is on May 2nd (this wednesday)....I'd appreciate some news or input

in my opinion, I don't think pre-interview hold is a good sign. There's only about 16 spots left and if they're meeting all at once to choose those 16 out of the 60 that interviewed...I'm not sure where they would find the time to interview applicants that were put on pre-interview hold. I also have been keeping in touch with some current msms students that interviewed us and they said that the applicants that interviewed on April 13th and April 25th were very competitive and expect many in those two pools at least to be put on hold. so if your application is considered, you would have to compete for a spot with students that got an interview and were put on hold. sorry.

So for those that have already interviewed, did anyone get waitlisted? Or was everyone that wasn't accepted or rejected so far put on hold?

For those who interviewed yesterday, did you get any info on when the adcom will meet? the time is near! :scared:

This wait is driving me crazy...

Last edited:
This wait is driving me crazy...

Seriously... You would think they would be better about sending out notices considering the semester starts June 1. After my interview on 4/25 they said we would hear back in two weeks, then when I called a few days ago.. they said another two weeks..

ypu interviewed on the 25th so it is now close to two weeks from interview day. Did they tell you 2 more weeks? so now we are looking to the end of May???? That's pretty hard considering moving and finding a place to live.

you gotta be kidding me. another two weeks?! I'm from out of state. how the heck am I going to get my butt over to california, find a place to live, and settle down all in one week?! this is ridiculous. they need to be more responsible with their admissions process.

edit: yep. just called. they said another two weeks. this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
so....in 2 weeks they will get together and decide, or in 2 weeks we will get notified, whether phone or email? :scared:

Honestly with their track record we probably won't hear back until the last week of May.

At the interview day, one of the current students told me that some of them did not find out they were accepted until the day before class began.

If I end up being accepted, I will likely turn down the offer. I am pre-dental and have already been granted admission at the UCSF dental post-bac, and that program is far more intriguing to me than this.

so....in 2 weeks they will get together and decide, or in 2 weeks we will get notified, whether phone or email? :scared:

they werent very clear on the phone. she was pretty rude to me on the phone tbh. but for sure by email bc the guidebook we received interview day says so.

I don't understand why they treat incoming students like this. it's not very professional.

Any recent word on when final decisions will be made?