WesternU MSMS Fall 2014/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHouseYangGrey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone awaiting the release of the 2014 Application?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! Do applications open earlier this year compared to last year? I was reading the 2013/2014 MSMS thread.

It opens this year on Oct 19th I think, unless they changed the release date. I wonder if there will be as much interest for next year as it was for last.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a current student in the MSMS program and would be happy to share my experiences with you so I will give you a run down of how the experience has been so far.

The year, in mid-June, started with the Intensive Summer Anatomy Course (ISAC). This course is taken with a select group of incoming OMS-I students; these students have been selected for the course based on their expertise in anatomy so from the outset, there is some competition in class. Prior to the MSMSers taking classes with the DO students, we spent three days at a camp in the mountains. The purpose was to do team building and learn basic skeletal anatomy. We took a lab practical on the 3rd day and afterwards, we spent a week learning some basic anatomy dissection skills, the brachial plexus, and some basic anatomical land marks/body structures. We took an exam and a lab practical at the end of this week. The whole point of this was to give us a basic knowledge of anatomy as a fair amount of us had never taken an undergrad or graduate anatomy class and were not used to the types of study methods needed to get thru the class.

When we started taking classes with the DO’s, we would typically be in lecture for three to four hours followed by four to six hours in cadaver lab. Once lab was over, we would either study in the HEC or the lab until security told us we had to go; a few of my classmates studied at home. All lectures were based on the PowerPoint and while it was suggested to get the large Grey’s Anatomy tome, I found that there was NO time to read anything other than the PowerPoint’s and the Grant’s Dissector. The amount of material was truly mind-boggling and there is no way that I can convey here what we were expected to learn in 6 ½ weeks. Anyway, all of the lecture exams (3) were on Examsoft and they usually ranged from 120 to 150 questions that covered basic anatomy, radiology, CT scans, ultra sounds, and clinical anatomy. The lab practical’s (3) consisted of 25 questions. From what I understand, there was no curve and while the MSMS students typically scored to within a few points of the DO students, a few of us will have to remediate ISAC. This was truly the hardest class that I have ever taken and I have a whole new appreciation for gross anatomy.

One thing that I didn’t mention is that while ISAC was going on, the MSMS students had a couple of other classes to take: Learning Skills I (Where they helped us to learn how to study like a medical student), Intro to Research (Where we selected our research mentor), and Neurological Integration of Psychosocial Processes Intensive I (Where we learned how to de-stress).

Once ISAC was over, we started our fall courses. Some of my classmates took Head & Neck Anatomy while others of us choose to do an expanded research project (I’m working with HIV and CD4+ T cells). We are all taking Molecular Cellular Basis of Life, Physical & Biochemical Systems, NIPPI-I, Intro to Research, and Learning Skills I. The schedule is very chaotic at times and the only reliably scheduled classes are MCBL and PBS. Changes in the schedules for the other classes are frequent so we’ve all gotten into the habit of checking our calendars frequently. Though the course work is not as hard as ISAC, we are, in some ways, even busier. I put in two, sometimes three eight-hour days in my lab on top of all the other stuff (clinical shadowing, volunteer work, sitting on the editorial board of the Humanism in Medicine magazine, part-time distance learning instructor at my undergraduate alma mater…) Most of my classmates have similar schedules. Some are on the Student Government Association and the ones that took Head and Neck Anatomy just finished serving as instructors for the OMS-I students that took the class. Thankfully, our MCBL final is on Monday and that will be one less thing on our plate.

So, I know that most of you will want to know about the linkage. All I can really say is that they tell us that it changes year-to-year. Last year, all of the MSMS students got into COMP or the dental school. This year, COMP is holding 15 seats for the pre-DO students (I don’t know about dental, optometry, or podiatry though) and we won’t find out who links until December. We have started a new class (as of Friday) called Clinician and Society where we will have the chance to run through some mock interviews, two MMI mock interviews, a couple of simulated patient encounters, and we will all have to do at least 32 hours of clinical shadowing. We also have the help of Jodi Olsen when it comes to working on our applications and personal statements and she is the one that writes our committee letter of recommendation. For those of us that don’t link this year, they are promising us linkage for next year provided that we have at least a 3.0 GPA, 18 MCAT, and have remediated any classes that need to be remediated. If you want to apply open pool, they will help with that as well (There was one student from last years class that really wanted to attend allopathic school so he ended up at Ross and another student ended up at another osteopathic school). Now, please don’t take these words as the gospel; those of you that start the program in 2014 will have to contend with a whole different set of linkage rules; Jodi and the MSMS faculty will advocate for you but at the end of the day, COMP has the final say regarding how many will link, who will link and what criteria they will have to meet (I know of at least one OMS II that linked right after the MSMS program even though she had to remediate ISAC; they have long told us that this scenario is not possible) or even if they will offer a linkage. Again, the linkage agreement has changed each year and from what I understand, prior to the start of this year, COMP considered not having a linkage with the MSMS program. Once the linkages are announced, that info will make its way to SDN but again, don’t hold that to gospel truth. I’ve also heard that there will be some programmatic changes for the new class as far as the course offerings…

So, all in all, the program is solid. The only downside for me is that I gave up my acceptance at Touro-Nevada’s MSMHS program and their guaranteed linkage for this program; I paid too much attention to what was said on SDN and the info on the Western University website was not clear regarding the linkage parameters or whether or not students would have to repeat gross in medical school if they scored at least 80% in ISAC (They are now making students take gross irrespective of how they did in ISAC). Having said that, I do believe that the program, if you perform well, will get you into medical school either here at Western University or some other D.O. program (I have gotten lots of positive feedback from my home state D.O. schools). Just make sure that if you come here, you’ve already taken your MCAT; you will not have any time to study for the MCAT once ISAC starts and you will be hard pressed to find time to do it in the fall as well. If you have to work, try to work as few hours as possible. I have a couple of classmates that work and a few are parents so its doable but its not optimal.

So, I’ll close now (need to study). If anyone has any specific questions about the MSMS interview process or the program, feel free to inbox me.

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone attending the "Preview Day" at Western for the MSMS program on November 16th? I just finished my application and was thinking about attending the meeting. I have never been to Western University and thought it would be a chance for me to see the campus and hopefully obtain some good information about the program.

graduate2be (or any other current/past MSMS students), would you recommend for potential students to attend this meeting?

I would suggest attending the meeting; you may have the opportunity to meet with some current students. It would also be good for you to tour the school and the area (time permitting) to see if it would be a good spot for you to continue your education.

I graduated from MSMS previous year and now OMS1 at Western. I agree with most of what graduate2be said (thank you for being so informative!), except that everyone my year got into COMP (I believe 19/25 got in) because of various reasons (people didn't pass one course, their mcats expired, etc). The MSMS courses are extremely hard, especially ISAC. However, they really prepared me to do well this year. I did mediocre in MSMS but got Honor in anatomy as a first year DO. Overall, I recommend this program highly, but be prepared to work your butt off.

Yes do go to preview day!

Would you say that the difficulty of achieving 3.5 GPA or higher makes this a risky choice or even a detriment? Especially since people who are thinking of taking it are doing it as an academic enhancer?
Thank you and congrats on completing the program! sounds tough

Would you say that the difficulty of achieving 3.5 GPA or higher makes this a risky choice or even a detriment? Especially since people who are thinking of taking it are doing it as an academic enhancer?
Thank you and congrats on completing the program! sounds tough

How 'difficult' it is to earn passing scores in the program is going to be a function of the effort that you put into the program. Make no mistake about it, this is not undergrad anymore. ISAC is medical school anatomy and MCBL & PBS are taught at a VERY accelerated rate. You will be involved in some sort of research project and there will be clinical shadowing and volunteer/community service responsibilities. In short, you will be busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Having said that, the majority of my classmates are doing well in the program. A couple aren't doing so well. Most of us are giving our due diligence when it comes to studying and I feel that the program will help me get to where I want to be. So, whether you come here or attend elsewhere, you'll have to put in the work. The program will obviously be risky / detrimental if you perform at a substandard level so I would ask you to consider:

1) Are you academically ready for the program?
2) Are you willing to make the sacrifices that are necessary to do well in the program?

Bottom line, you are going to get out of the program what you put into it.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone attending the "Preview Day" at Western for the MSMS program on November 16th? I just finished my application and was thinking about attending the meeting. I have never been to Western University and thought it would be a chance for me to see the campus and hopefully obtain some good information about the program.

graduate2be (or any other current/past MSMS students), would you recommend for potential students to attend this meeting?

Did you end up attending? The deadline for applications is swiftly approaching and I am more than excited to start this June! Does anyone know if the dorms they are building will be completed before the end of the year? I heard that they broke ground to build student housing.

@graduate2be
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such detail! The program sounds very intensive and I really like that; it will definitely brighten-up any pre-health application.

Few questions:
1) How many pre-dents would you say are in your class?
2) When do/did they start interviewing? (MSMS page says TBD for interview dates, but shouldn't they have already started?)
3) How was the interview? any tips?
4) Do you have any questions for us? hahahhaha j/k

thank you in advance and best of luck to you after completing the MSMS program. I hope you get to plant you feet where you always wanted.

Sam

Members don't see this ad :)
@graduate2be
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such detail! The program sounds very intensive and I really like that; it will definitely brighten-up any pre-health application.

Few questions:
1) How many pre-dents would you say are in your class?
2) When do/did they start interviewing? (MSMS page says TBD for interview dates, but shouldn't they have already started?)
3) How was the interview? any tips?
4) Do you have any questions for us? hahahhaha j/k

thank you in advance and best of luck to you after completing the MSMS program. I hope you get to plant you feet where you always wanted.

Sam

Hey Sam,

1/ There are 8 pre-dents in our current class.
2/ There were 3 interview dates last year, with the first being later than they are doing for this year (I believe the first interview is next Saturday this year), and all the pre-dents have different interview dates so I don't think there's a correlation there.
3/ Interview was pretty traditional, but you should be somewhat prepare for it. What I did last year was exploring the WesternU website, go over your own academic records and resume to know what you did or anything you want to mention during the interview. Just breathe and be yourself. Prepare some questions for the school as well if you can (research, linkage, changes to the school, what have you). Oh and we had Panera bread for lunch last year so that was pretty awesome... There will be a bunch of current MSMSer at the interview as well so you can talk to them while you wait for your interview.

Good luck to y'all, and hopefully I will see some of you at the second interview date!

BC

Hello Volunteer06 if you don't mind me asking, what is the date for your interview? and what were your stats

Does anybody know the character limit for the personal statement??

I’m a current student in the MSMS program and would be happy to share my experiences with you so I will give you a run down of how the experience has been so far.

The year, in mid-June, started with the Intensive Summer Anatomy Course (ISAC). This course is taken with a select group of incoming OMS-I students; these students have been selected for the course based on their expertise in anatomy so from the outset, there is some competition in class. Prior to the MSMSers taking classes with the DO students, we spent three days at a camp in the mountains. The purpose was to do team building and learn basic skeletal anatomy. We took a lab practical on the 3rd day and afterwards, we spent a week learning some basic anatomy dissection skills, the brachial plexus, and some basic anatomical land marks/body structures. We took an exam and a lab practical at the end of this week. The whole point of this was to give us a basic knowledge of anatomy as a fair amount of us had never taken an undergrad or graduate anatomy class and were not used to the types of study methods needed to get thru the class.

When we started taking classes with the DO’s, we would typically be in lecture for three to four hours followed by four to six hours in cadaver lab. Once lab was over, we would either study in the HEC or the lab until security told us we had to go; a few of my classmates studied at home. All lectures were based on the PowerPoint and while it was suggested to get the large Grey’s Anatomy tome, I found that there was NO time to read anything other than the PowerPoint’s and the Grant’s Dissector. The amount of material was truly mind-boggling and there is no way that I can convey here what we were expected to learn in 6 ½ weeks. Anyway, all of the lecture exams (3) were on Examsoft and they usually ranged from 120 to 150 questions that covered basic anatomy, radiology, CT scans, ultra sounds, and clinical anatomy. The lab practical’s (3) consisted of 25 questions. From what I understand, there was no curve and while the MSMS students typically scored to within a few points of the DO students, a few of us will have to remediate ISAC. This was truly the hardest class that I have ever taken and I have a whole new appreciation for gross anatomy.

One thing that I didn’t mention is that while ISAC was going on, the MSMS students had a couple of other classes to take: Learning Skills I (Where they helped us to learn how to study like a medical student), Intro to Research (Where we selected our research mentor), and Neurological Integration of Psychosocial Processes Intensive I (Where we learned how to de-stress).

Once ISAC was over, we started our fall courses. Some of my classmates took Head & Neck Anatomy while others of us choose to do an expanded research project (I’m working with HIV and CD4+ T cells). We are all taking Molecular Cellular Basis of Life, Physical & Biochemical Systems, NIPPI-I, Intro to Research, and Learning Skills I. The schedule is very chaotic at times and the only reliably scheduled classes are MCBL and PBS. Changes in the schedules for the other classes are frequent so we’ve all gotten into the habit of checking our calendars frequently. Though the course work is not as hard as ISAC, we are, in some ways, even busier. I put in two, sometimes three eight-hour days in my lab on top of all the other stuff (clinical shadowing, volunteer work, sitting on the editorial board of the Humanism in Medicine magazine, part-time distance learning instructor at my undergraduate alma mater…) Most of my classmates have similar schedules. Some are on the Student Government Association and the ones that took Head and Neck Anatomy just finished serving as instructors for the OMS-I students that took the class. Thankfully, our MCBL final is on Monday and that will be one less thing on our plate.

So, I know that most of you will want to know about the linkage. All I can really say is that they tell us that it changes year-to-year. Last year, all of the MSMS students got into COMP or the dental school. This year, COMP is holding 15 seats for the pre-DO students (I don’t know about dental, optometry, or podiatry though) and we won’t find out who links until December. We have started a new class (as of Friday) called Clinician and Society where we will have the chance to run through some mock interviews, two MMI mock interviews, a couple of simulated patient encounters, and we will all have to do at least 32 hours of clinical shadowing. We also have the help of Jodi Olsen when it comes to working on our applications and personal statements and she is the one that writes our committee letter of recommendation. For those of us that don’t link this year, they are promising us linkage for next year provided that we have at least a 3.0 GPA, 18 MCAT, and have remediated any classes that need to be remediated. If you want to apply open pool, they will help with that as well (There was one student from last years class that really wanted to attend allopathic school so he ended up at Ross and another student ended up at another osteopathic school). Now, please don’t take these words as the gospel; those of you that start the program in 2014 will have to contend with a whole different set of linkage rules; Jodi and the MSMS faculty will advocate for you but at the end of the day, COMP has the final say regarding how many will link, who will link and what criteria they will have to meet (I know of at least one OMS II that linked right after the MSMS program even though she had to remediate ISAC; they have long told us that this scenario is not possible) or even if they will offer a linkage. Again, the linkage agreement has changed each year and from what I understand, prior to the start of this year, COMP considered not having a linkage with the MSMS program. Once the linkages are announced, that info will make its way to SDN but again, don’t hold that to gospel truth. I’ve also heard that there will be some programmatic changes for the new class as far as the course offerings…

So, all in all, the program is solid. The only downside for me is that I gave up my acceptance at Touro-Nevada’s MSMHS program and their guaranteed linkage for this program; I paid too much attention to what was said on SDN and the info on the Western University website was not clear regarding the linkage parameters or whether or not students would have to repeat gross in medical school if they scored at least 80% in ISAC (They are now making students take gross irrespective of how they did in ISAC). Having said that, I do believe that the program, if you perform well, will get you into medical school either here at Western University or some other D.O. program (I have gotten lots of positive feedback from my home state D.O. schools). Just make sure that if you come here, you’ve already taken your MCAT; you will not have any time to study for the MCAT once ISAC starts and you will be hard pressed to find time to do it in the fall as well. If you have to work, try to work as few hours as possible. I have a couple of classmates that work and a few are parents so its doable but its not optimal.

So, I’ll close now (need to study). If anyone has any specific questions about the MSMS interview process or the program, feel free to inbox me.

Thank you so much for all the insight on the program. I applied this year and I hope I receive an interview. So linkage is kinda up in the air? How many students in your cohort wanted to go to COMP?

Thank you so much for all the insight on the program. I applied this year and I hope I receive an interview. So linkage is kinda up in the air? How many students in your cohort wanted to go to COMP?

COMP sets the number of seats available for linkage each year and the time frame / requirements change each year as well. One thing that was said to us early in the program is that the number of seats that COMP holds open for MSMS students declines each year. Jodi, the program director, attempts to negotiate with COMP on this issue but they have the final say. This year, COMP has 15 seats. We have 31 in our class = 1 pre-podiatry, 4 or 5 pre-dental, a couple of pre-optometry (I think) and the rest pre-DO. Those of us that were selected for the linkage interview found out this week if we were accepted into COMP. I know that a few of us didn't link and Jodi will advocate on our behalf to see if COMP will reconsider their decision. I spoke with a faculty member during Xmas break and I was told OFF THE RECORD that it appears that COMP is going to set aside 12 seats for the incoming MSMS class plus 3 seats for students that didn't link this year. My advice is that if you are looking for a guaranteed linkage program, apply broadly and consider Touro-Nevada and LECOM-Erie. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. A lot of students apply to these types of programs and a lot of times, if you don't get in, its not that you aren't academically qualified; there just aren't enough seats for everyone.

I think that the last two interview dates will be 22-Feb and 22-March.

COMP sets the number of seats available for linkage each year and the time frame / requirements change each year as well. One thing that was said to us early in the program is that the number of seats that COMP holds open for MSMS students declines each year. Jodi, the program director, attempts to negotiate with COMP on this issue but they have the final say. This year, COMP has 15 seats. We have 31 in our class = 1 pre-podiatry, 4 or 5 pre-dental, a couple of pre-optometry (I think) and the rest pre-DO. Those of us that were selected for the linkage interview found out this week if we were accepted into COMP. I know that a few of us didn't link and Jodi will advocate on our behalf to see if COMP will reconsider their decision. I spoke with a faculty member during Xmas break and I was told OFF THE RECORD that it appears that COMP is going to set aside 12 seats for the incoming MSMS class plus 3 seats for students that didn't link this year. My advice is that if you are looking for a guaranteed linkage program, apply broadly and consider Touro-Nevada and LECOM-Erie. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. A lot of students apply to these types of programs and a lot of times, if you don't get in, its not that you aren't academically qualified; there just aren't enough seats for everyone.

I think that the last two interview dates will be 22-Feb and 22-March.

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. I was thinking about applying to LECOM and Touro. I really love Cali though. I did my undergrad and MPH in Cali but I'm ok with going to school out of state. I really like WesternU's MSMS program. So there are only two interview dates left? I'm worried because I applied in January.

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. I was thinking about applying to LECOM and Touro. I really love Cali though. I did my undergrad and MPH in Cali but I'm ok with going to school out of state. I really like WesternU's MSMS program. So there are only two interview dates left? I'm worried because I applied in January.

I can certainly understand and appreciate an attachment to ones home but the bottom line is that Western U's MSMS program is growing in popularity. Each year, more and more people are applying and the pool is getting more qualified. Unless you have truly stellar grades and an MCAT (In which case, you wouldn't be applying to post bac) you shouldn't place your bet on one school. I would take a look at Midwestern-Glendale and the IMS program at U of South Florida as well. Don't get caught without a plan...

I have a solid MCAT 30 (11-8-11) but low sgpa of 2.9. I've been accepted to Tourocom NY but I really want to stay on the westcoast so I applied to this program. What does it take to link? Do they look at grades + MCAT score?

I have a solid MCAT 30 (11-8-11) but low sgpa of 2.9. I've been accepted to Tourocom NY but I really want to stay on the westcoast so I applied to this program. What does it take to link? Do they look at grades + MCAT score?

Linkage is continually changed every year, so I do not have a definitive answer for you. As for this year, they look at the whole package- meaning grades (mainly for the courses you do in the MSMS program, MCAT scores (a big aspect- but yours is more than enough so no worry there, just make sure it is still valid by the time you apply for linkage), and other things that you put in your ACOMAS application. Professionalism is a big deal as well. A former MSMSer told me what I think is the model one should always follow," everyday is an audition".

I would get in touch with the program director to find out more information about linkage for your class.

All the best,

BC

Linkage is continually changed every year, so I do not have a definitive answer for you. As for this year, they look at the whole package- meaning grades (mainly for the courses you do in the MSMS program, MCAT scores (a big aspect- but yours is more than enough so no worry there, just make sure it is still valid by the time you apply for linkage), and other things that you put in your ACOMAS application. Professionalism is a big deal as well. A former MSMSer told me what I think is the model one should always follow," everyday is an audition".

I would get in touch with the program director to find out more information about linkage for your class.

All the best,

BC

With your MCAT, assuming other elements of your package look good, I might apply to a couple of the newer DO schools, esp. Liberty COM in Virginia.

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has either gained acceptance or received an interview for mid-February?

With your MCAT, assuming other elements of your package look good, I might apply to a couple of the newer DO schools, esp. Liberty COM in Virginia.
Thanks. I already got accepted to Medical School (TouroCom Middletown campus in New York). I want to be closer to home on the west coast.

Thanks. I already got accepted to Medical School (TouroCom Middletown campus in New York). I want to be closer to home on the west coast.

Congrats but the wisdom of turning down a med school acceptance for a seat in a post bac program with a linkage interview (Not a guaranteed acceptance) is dubious. I can understand the desire to stay close to home but you are sitting on a medical school acceptance. The MSMS will set you back by 51K and at the end of the day, there is no guarantee of admissions. Hope your plan works out.

The linkage requirements this year was an 18 MCAT (no section scores less than a 6), pass all classes, and be a good citizen in the program. If selected for an interview, you had an open file interview at COMP. Not everyone in my class was admitted. The linkage criteria change each year and I have been told unofficially that there are plans for COMP to hold 12 seats for the 2014-15 MSMS class plus an additional 3 for those in the 2013-14 MSMS class that did not link. The MCAT requirement may be 24-25 but this was told to me unofficially. COMP will set the criteria and that will be communicated in Oct. or Nov.

Congrats but the wisdom of turning down a med school acceptance for a seat in a post bac program with a linkage interview (Not a guaranteed acceptance) is dubious. I can understand the desire to stay close to home but you are sitting on a medical school acceptance. The MSMS will set you back by 51K and at the end of the day, there is no guarantee of admissions. Hope your plan works out.
Thanks for your input. I agree with what you are saying and it is something I have been thinking about. The difference in price is only for the MSMS program. But the great thing about western is it offers scholarships that TouroCom does not. Also, there is a lot more research opportunity at Western than at Touro Middletown since Middletown is opening their first class Fall 2014. I have not made any decisions yet and did accept the offer at TouroCom. Besides my GPA, my application is well-rounded with 2+ years clinical volunteer experience and 1 year research. I am still waiting to hear back from a few other medical schools. So, I'm unsure of where I will end up in the Fall but I would like to have options.

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the program or has been invited to an interview yet? I spoke to Julie today and she said it could basically be any day now. I am super nervous I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten an interview yet.

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the program or has been invited to an interview yet? I spoke to Julie today and she said it could basically be any day now. I am super nervous I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten an interview yet.

They usually send out interview invites a week or 2 before the interview date (I got mine a week before last year). Oh and on a side note, I'm pretty sure you talked to Jodi (there is no Julie in the office that I know of). There has only been 1 interview so far so stay calm! I was in the last interview date last year too. There are usually a lot more interviewees in second and third than in the first interview as well.

Thanks for your input. I agree with what you are saying and it is something I have been thinking about. The difference in price is only for the MSMS program. But the great thing about western is it offers scholarships that TouroCom does not. Also, there is a lot more research opportunity at Western than at Touro Middletown since Middletown is opening their first class Fall 2014. I have not made any decisions yet and did accept the offer at TouroCom. Besides my GPA, my application is well-rounded with 2+ years clinical volunteer experience and 1 year research. I am still waiting to hear back from a few other medical schools. So, I'm unsure of where I will end up in the Fall but I would like to have options.

Did you apply for WesternU COMP this cycle as well? You should come to our campus and get a feel of it before making any major decision (like turning down a Med school acceptance) to make sure it's a good fit for you.

They usually send out interview invites a week or 2 before the interview date (I got mine a week before last year). Oh and on a side note, I'm pretty sure you talked to Jodi (there is no Julie in the office that I know of). There has only been 1 interview so far so stay calm! I was in the last interview date last year too. There are usually a lot more interviewees in second and third than in the first interview as well.

Did you apply for WesternU COMP this cycle as well? You should come to our campus and get a feel of it before making any major decision (like turning down a Med school acceptance) to make sure it's a good fit for you.
Hi! Yes I am from the area and applied to WesternU COMP and was rejected pre-interview. I went to preview day and really enjoyed the school. I'm not even sure I'll be accepted into this program. So, I just need to wait and see :)

I applied to the MSMS program on October 28 and they FINALLY emailed me the first week of January saying that my application was ready for review. Now that it is mid-Feb, I am terrified that I am not going to get an interview. Has anyone else been waiting a long time? What is the average wait time to hear back?

Hi! Yes I am from the area and applied to WesternU COMP and was rejected pre-interview. I went to preview day and really enjoyed the school. I'm not even sure I'll be accepted into this program. So, I just need to wait and see :)

Oh, I understand. Looks like it's a waiting game for you at this point. If you don't mind my suggestion, I would find out the reason you were rejected from COMP - might be good to know in case you have to defense your position of going in the MSMS route instead of re-applying to Med school the upcoming cycle. Good luck on everything and let me know if you have any questions about the program - I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

BC

Oh, I understand. Looks like it's a waiting game for you at this point. If you don't mind my suggestion, I would find out the reason you were rejected from COMP - might be good to know in case you have to defense your position of going in the MSMS route instead of re-applying to Med school the upcoming cycle. Good luck on everything and let me know if you have any questions about the program - I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

BC
Thanks

Long time lurker on this forum... I am first off extremely thankful for all the input I have attained from this site! #BestForumEvar!
I wanted to say that I just got an interview offer for the 22nd (super excited!!!). I will let you guys know how it goes. I feel like its now my turn to give back :)
Anyone else going on the 22nd?! PM me or leave a reply! Hope to see some SDN-ers this weekend! Best of luck to us all!!!

Long time lurker on this forum... I am first off extremely thankful for all the input I have attained from this site! #BestForumEvar!
I wanted to say that I just got an interview offer for the 22nd (super excited!!!). I will let you guys know how it goes. I feel like its now my turn to give back :)
Anyone else going on the 22nd?! PM me or leave a reply! Hope to see some SDN-ers this weekend! Best of luck to us all!!!
Congrats!!
When was your application complete and when did you receive the invite?

I heard that there should be a few more invites to be sent out for this Saturday interview, so keep checking your email. In the past they usually added an extra interview date in early April if there are still seats available.

For those interviewing this Saturday, 20 of my classmates and I will see you there!

Hey guys, what should be listed under "status" if the application is ready to be reviewed?

Shasha143
I am pre-med! Good luck to all interviewing today! Remain relaxed, the interview itself (in my opinion) was very laid-back! And to those already accepted contact me!!!

I have interviewed and waiting to hear back from western and hoping to hear good news! Waiting is tough so if anyone else is in the same position feel free to message me for mutual support. :)