WesternU MSMS Fall 2014/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So how many more interviews will there be? I saw someone post that there will be one on March 22?

Members don't see this ad :)
This whole waiting thing is so nerve wracking. Hopefully we hear something soon though. Did you get an email from them saying your application is being evaluated?
Yes I got that email yesterday as well!

I just found out I got accepted! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Got my acceptance earlier today as well!! Is there a Facebook group we can start? Or one that already exists?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there is one for the 2014 class. I can only find a general page for Western University MSMS.

Have any pre-dents heard any news yet; good or bad? I'm on "hold" myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance earlier today as well!! Is there a Facebook group we can start? Or one that already exists?

There's a FB page for the 2014 class and the 2015 class. To join, I think you must have a valid westernu email account (but then again that may just be to join the general WesternU MSMS group)

Any updates on acceptances/ things that need to be done now?

To bad we didn't get the chance to be classmates! PM me if you have any questions about the classwork. Have you started looking for a place to stay yet?

There is only one last round of interviews on 22-March.

I hope all is well. I was just wondering if you heard anything about future interviews. Is there still going to be an interview on March 22? I heard that there is an interview on March 15.

I hope all is well. I was just wondering if you heard anything about future interviews. Is there still going to be an interview on March 22? I heard that there is an interview on March 15.

We just finished our micro final so I haven't been keeping up with anything as far as the program. If I hear anything, I will let you know... As far as I know, the final interview is on the 22nd...

We just finished our micro final so I haven't been keeping up with anything as far as the program. If I hear anything, I will let you know... As far as I know, the final interview is on the 22nd...

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope your micro final went well. Thanks and take care.

To bad we didn't get the chance to be classmates! PM me if you have any questions about the classwork. Have you started looking for a place to stay yet?

I knnooooow! I was looking forward to it so much! I hope this year's class is going to be just as wonderful. I've been looking around but I'm kind of not happy with the prices. I saw online that their building the Daumier campus apartments? I know they talk about the crime and stuff in Pomona in general. Any advice on the best place to stay? (that's reasonably priced)

Have you been invited for any interviews yet? I think I got my invite a week or so before my interview.

Yes there will be an interview on March 15th (I'll be there helping out so I'm pretty certain it is happening.) The next interview date is on April 12th - just got confirmation today from admission office.

Just talked to admission office again today - and they have moved the date for the next interview. They're not sure when exactly, but it should be around mid-April. There were 23 interviewees today so it's a safe bet it's gonna be around that number for the last interview date.

Congrats to all who got accepted! You guys should also create a class Dropbox/ Onedrive to share studying materials, my class has a bunch of stuffs we can share with you all as well.

Last edited:
Yes there will be an interview on March 15th (I'll be there helping out so I'm pretty certain it is happening.) The next interview date is on April 12th - just got confirmation today from admission office.

Just talked to admission office again today - and they have moved the date for the next interview. They're not sure when exactly, but it should be around mid-April. There were 23 interviewees today so it's a safe bet it's gonna be around that number for the last interview date.

Congrats to all who got accepted! You guys should also create a class Dropbox/ Onedrive to share studying materials, my class has a bunch of stuffs we can share with you all as well.

Hello! Thank you for the update. Out of curiosity were there a lot of pre dental at this past interview? Do you remember an approximate number? Thanks!

Hello! Thank you for the update. Out of curiosity were there a lot of pre dental at this past interview? Do you remember an approximate number? Thanks!

You're welcome! There were 3 pre-dents at the last interview.

Thanks for the info :D

I received an interview invitation yesterday for April 14. Do you have any suggestions on how to prepare for the interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I'll see you then!

Regarding interview preparation, I would google common interview questions and have someone practice them with you for feedback. Go over your resume, transcripts, history and see if you can anticipate to defend any not-so-good moments that can be found in those paperwork. Practice goes a long way - but don't over do it to the point of recitation. This may sound silly but don't lie in the interview - just be yourself and try to be calm. Browse around the school website for inspirations/ fun facts.

Good luck!

I would definitely go over the MSMS page on the school website.

e-mails were sent out today for acceptances from 3/15 interview! good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance today. Ii 3/15

Does anyone know the official start date of the program? June 2?

I got an interview invite on Tuesday. What questions should I expect?!

Reactions: 1 users
The invites went out Tuesday. Interview is Monday the 14th.

I think I read the previous comment incorrectly. I thought it meant that there will be a interview on Tuesday. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats to everyone who received interviews and acceptances. See you on 4/14 :D

I think I read the previous comment incorrectly. I thought it meant that there will be a interview on Tuesday. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats to everyone who received interviews and acceptances. See you on 4/14 :D

Looking forward to it!! :) Do you happen to know the start date for this year? And do you by chance know approximately how long they will take to notify of acceptances for this last interview?

Looking forward to it!! :) Do you happen to know the start date for this year? And do you by chance know approximately how long they will take to notify of acceptances for this last interview?

Start date should be the sameas last year, which is June 1st (because you have 2 weeks head start to the med school). Acceptances are usually sent out two weeks after the interview. For people that are on "hold", if nothing has changed since last year, it can take up to the first day of class to be notified - usually by phone calls.

Hi :)
I also received an interview for April 14th.. I'm so nervous!! good luck to you all!