Westin CARS tips/methods etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suhdude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am taking the MCAT again, only because of a low CARS score. I support myself and have had to pay for my expensive MCAT material. There is no way I can afford a luxury such as Westin's CARS class. I was just wondering if the major tips/suggestions/methods he mentions in his classes can be shared here? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how many people are going to be generous enough to share the secrets from a paid/expensive service on here.

The best advice as usual is just to practice as much as possible. I'm no Westin, but some pieces of advice that really helped me out on MCAT verbal were:

1) Read the entire passage quickly for concept/understanding before heading to the questions
2) Ignore the small details, but highlight/keep track of pronouns or important phrases that will make searching up details faster
3) When reviewing mistakes, make sure you understand why you are missing each question instead of just reading the explanation and moving on.