What 0-6 pharmacy program can I get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weiman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going a high school senior this upcoming fall and I want to know which 0-6 programs i can get into. I really hoping for Pitt because I live in Pittsburgh, but I've heard its very hard to get in.
Stats:
i think 3.87 unweighted(one B-ap us history)
4.27 weighted
1370/1600 SAT
1970/2400 best one score
2020/2400 collectively best
Mostly accelerated classes
AP: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, US history, chem
Taking this year AP: bio, physics, economics, statistics
AP tests: 5 on calc bc, 4 on us history, 3 on chem
770 sat math 2 probably willretake
retaking sat but not until october

Ultimate Frisbee
Men's Volleyball 4 years
Volunteer around 130 hrs
Place in some math competitions
Asian

Also wondering if anyone can give me information on what I can do toward job right now ( like should i do job shadowing)
Can anyone tell me specific details on conditional admission to pitt (besides on website)

Members don't see this ad.

I am going a high school senior this upcoming fall and I want to know which 0-6 programs i can get into. I really hoping for Pitt because I live in Pittsburgh, but I've heard its very hard to get in.
Stats:
i think 3.87 unweighted(one B-ap us history)
4.27 weighted
1370/1600 SAT
1970/2400 best one score
2020/2400 collectively best
Mostly accelerated classes
AP: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, US history, chem
Taking this year AP: bio, physics, economics, statistics
AP tests: 5 on calc bc, 4 on us history, 3 on chem
770 sat math 2 probably willretake
retaking sat but not until october

Ultimate Frisbee
Men's Volleyball 4 years
Volunteer around 130 hrs
Place in some math competitions
Asian

Also wondering if anyone can give me information on what I can do toward job right now ( like should i do job shadowing)
Can anyone tell me specific details on conditional admission to pitt (besides on website)

Ahahaha...I love your last extracirricular. Unless it was meant to be serious.

You have good stats. You could probably get into most any 0-6 program as long as your essays and recommendations are good for the schools that require them. Your race isn't an EC :) (unless you were a part of an asian student association or something).

Your 770 math will definitely stand out (pharmacy schools don't really care about verbal unless it's abysmal).

I got into conditional Pitt, though I ultimately decided not to go there. Who knows if that was for the best or not. Here's what they told us at the open house: you have to keep over a 3.5 to be directly admitted after your second year. If you're between a 3.0 and a 3.5, you just go into the applicant pool and treated as all other applicants, pitt and non-Pitt. Under a 3.0 you're not competitive enough for their applicant pool. Trust me, a 3.5 in college is not so easy. I go to USP and about 20% of my class got over a 3.5 freshman year (based on ALD induction statistics).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I'm going to be a senior and I'm looking at 0-6 schools too. Your stats are great. Better than mine. It seems like you have a good chance of getting in. What other schools are you looking at?

bacillus1,

How hard is it to get into USP?

You have good stats. You could probably get into most any 0-6 program as long as your essays and recommendations are good for the schools that require them. Your race isn't an EC :) (unless you were a part of an asian student association or something).

Your 770 math will definitely stand out (pharmacy schools don't really care about verbal unless it's abysmal).

I got into conditional Pitt, though I ultimately decided not to go there. Who knows if that was for the best or not. Here's what they told us at the open house: you have to keep over a 3.5 to be directly admitted after your second year. If you're between a 3.0 and a 3.5, you just go into the applicant pool and treated as all other applicants, pitt and non-Pitt. Under a 3.0 you're not competitive enough for their applicant pool. Trust me, a 3.5 in college is not so easy. I go to USP and about 20% of my class got over a 3.5 freshman year (based on ALD induction statistics).

Wow 3.5? That's so high. UOP it's 2.70 math/science gpa to get into pharm school under the program. And, getting a 2.70 is pretty hard for the average person. I almost didn't make it, but I pulled it off.

bacillus1,

How hard is it to get into USP?

Not hard. With a 3.5 HS GPA and about a 1250 on your SATs, you're probably good to go. If yours are higher than that, you could try for the honors program. Their honors program gives scholarships for books (though I don't know that much about it since it is starting this year, so I can't get accepted into it anymore since I'm going to be a third year). You need a 2.7 (as long as they haven't raised it to 3.0) to stay in after 2nd year, which is not too bad.

The school has its issues, but most 0-6 programs do.

I might as well change my user title to 0-6 guru since I'm always asked about 0-6 programs.

Is Pitt minimum for conditional 3.5, on the website it is 3.25, and in college is it really hard to maintain such grades, what are the harder classes

Is Pitt minimum for conditional 3.5, on the website it is 3.25, and in college is it really hard to maintain such grades, what are the harder classes

College is hard because it REALLLLLLLLLY IS EAAAAAAAY TO GET DISTRAAACTEDDDDDDDD... If you can time manage well and focus, you will find that maintaining good grades and having a healthy social life is doable (unless you are a bio major).

Well maybe they changed? I believe what they told me was 3.5 guaranteed and you could probably still get in with 3.25 but you're put in with all the other applicants. I could be wrong tho. 3.25 isn't too bad, but I really don't think it's that low, or at least it wasn't a couple years back.

EDIT: I read the site. At the end of your FIRST year you must have an overall GPA and a math/science GPA of 3.25. You better find out what the GPA must be at the end of your 2nd year...I'm still convinced it's 3.5, but who knows?

Last edited:
I didn't know Asian was an EC. How do I join that club?

I find out tommorrow what it is probably..I'm going to open house. What are the tougher classes in the pre-pharmacy. And if i was in a 2+4 program wouldn't i have to maintain a 3.5+ gpa anyway so is it really that hard?

lucky- I looking at mainly any east coast 0-6 school.