What achievements are you most proud of?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bucks783

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this will pop up in interview and I am kind of looking for help on how to approach it - also in a few supplemental apps (some asking for multiple)

Being a non-trad who was in the workforce for 5 years, I can easily list professional accomplishments, but I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for a different approach. I am struggling somewhat with it. I am leaning towards putting that I consistently volunteered with an organization (childhood-present) and organized a dinner for the homeless during the holidays which gave me a great sense of pride by giving back to the community I grew up in.

I don't want to put successfully transitioning back to school after being out of the classroom for 5 years or Dean's List or something they will see on my application or transcript. Some suggested to me to put taking the step of changing my career but I am not feeling that one either - it isn't exactly an achievement...yet.

It is all really up to the person writing on what they perceive as achievements, I know, but I don't want to list all professional ones. Has anyone encountered this and put something like a personal achievement - such as conquering a fear of heights by skydiving or public speaking.

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.