Air Force What AF MTFs have radiologists on staff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooperd0g

Something witty goes here.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious about which AF MTFs actually have radiologists on staff.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious about which AF MTFs actually have radiologists on staff.

Not sure about the AF specifically, but the Army has more than a few small facilities that have one or two AD radiologists on staff. Incredibly, there is even one I know of that only has x-ray and limited mammo/ultrasound capability. No CT/MRI..... Bottomline = radiology is not a good way to avoid Ft. middle of no where. I would imagine AF to be similar, but I have no first-hand knowledge.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, does anyone actually know about AF MTFs?

I could guess based where we have MTFs...and we don't Jane many left. Wright pat, Nellis, Travis, eglin, Keesler, mountain home. Then some of the joint locations like San Antonio, walter reed, jber. Likely a few over seas at osan, misawa, aviano, lakenheath, ramstein

Complicated. Effectively, no.

^^Ouch^^

I am right behind you by 5 days. I pick up my clearing papers in one week and I am terminal after my "10 days" of outprocessing.

It has been a "fun" 2 years in said MTF, 9 days to go.

I am assuming you guys did tele to keep your skills up....that's literally like practicing radiology prior to the mid 1970s when the first clinical CT scanners were in use...WTF???

Although I'm assuming you'd have to inform your command about doing telerads on the side in order to be cleared for credentialing and stuff....what a ****ing **** sandwich

I am assuming you guys did tele to keep your skills up....that's literally like practicing radiology prior to the mid 1970s when the first clinical CT scanners were in use...WTF???

Although I'm assuming you'd have to inform your command about doing telerads on the side in order to be cleared for credentialing and stuff....what a ****ing **** sandwich

you guys = just me

Tele? Haha. No. We are just starting to get rid of Windows XP and Server 2003. If you mean off-duty employment, the restrictions made it near impossible to work any of the shifts open in the telerad world.

Why the f is this place still open? I am sure it has something to do with backdoor political deals that ensure civil service employee union employment. I'll call out the name of the place once I am fully cleared.