What are med students seeing now in EM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a friend go to an urgent care type place, in Florida I believe.
Talked to the doctor via a computer screen. Never saw them in person.
Who knows what will happen in the future.

Misc Lawyer, "So doctor did you fully examine the patient? How are we to know that your robot assisted exam did not compromise care? Did you even see the patient or touch the patient with your hands? Was this a patient you had seen before doctor?"

Honestly if that comes to fruition, then I'm quitting medicine, taking law, and making bank.

Members don't see this ad.

Misc Lawyer, "So doctor did you fully examine the patient? How are we to know that your robot assisted exam did not compromise care? Did you even see the patient or touch the patient with your hands? Was this a patient you had seen before doctor?"

Honestly if that comes to fruition, then I'm quitting medicine, taking law, and making bank.
My hospital does this for after hour neuro consults for things like strokes. We have a robot in the ED and the ICU.

I didn't say any of that. Some are in Australia, I've heard of some in Israel. In either case, their training may be as good as that in the US. Their advantage is that they're enough time zones away that they can read during the day (their time zone) during what would be a night shift in the US. They're not going to demand a premium for night work, and therefore can undercut the US radiologist. It has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof. It's just a lot easier to do night coverage, if it's not night-time where you're reading from.

They are still US trained and licensed radiologists. I don't think you understand, as evidenced by "In either case, their training may be as good as that in the US."

They are still US trained and licensed radiologists. I don't think you understand, as evidenced by "In either case, their training may be as good as that in the US."
And if they are "US trained and licensed radiologists" then by definition they would have training "as good as that in the US," if they trained in the US. That should go without saying. So...I'm pretty sure I do get it. But, I suppose you can have that one if you want.