What are my chances? 3.55cGPA 3.45sGPA 25 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ParkerO21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying both MD and DO and I greatly appreciate any help or advice.
cGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.45
MCAT: 25 (took twice, 7/9/9 and 9/7/9, definitely disappointed with the score)
I have shadowed three physicians for 40+ hours each (one MD and two DO)
100+ volunteering hours at a hospital in ER, Radiology, and Surgical Outpatient
80+ volunteering hours for two different non-medical organizations
I have 5 letters of recommendation (2 from DO physicians, 2 from undergraduate faculty, and 1 from an employer)
I have applied to all the MD programs in Michigan and MSUCOM, LECOM, and CCOM for DO.
What are my chances, and should I retake the MCAT again?
I appreciate your time.

Members don't see this ad.

your chances are low for the MD programs and only slightly better for MSUCOM and CCOM. The average matriculant to CCOM and MSUCOM has a 28 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA.

You can retake the MCAT but it will be too late for this cycle. If you want to continue with this cycle, submit at least 6 more DO secondaries ASAP to new, low -tier schools. Don't apply to the Touros, AZCOM, TCOM etc.

100% concur.

your chances are low for the MD programs and only slightly better for MSUCOM and CCOM. The average matriculant to CCOM and MSUCOM has a 28 MCAT and a 3.6 GPA.

You can retake the MCAT but it will be too late for this cycle. If you want to continue with this cycle, submit at least 6 more DO secondaries ASAP to new, low -tier schools. Don't apply to the Touros, AZCOM, TCOM etc.