DO What are my chances at DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chimpster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa is 3.4 with a 3.3 sgpa. My MCAT scores is 25: 9PS, 6VR, 10BS. I am a URM (Hmong) living in Wisconsin. I've been working as a Medical Technologist for 2 years now. I have over 300 hours of volunteering while in college and I was awarded the chancellor leadership award only given out to 24 of 2500 students who graduated in 2012. I've been shadowing a DO family doctor for a year now and I work with two pathologist MD who are happy to write me letters of recommendations.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly and you'll be fine. Skip the Touros, CCOM and Western.

My gpa is 3.4 with a 3.3 sgpa. My MCAT scores is 25: 9PS, 6VR, 10BS. I am a URM (Hmong) living in Wisconsin. I've been working as a Medical Technologist for 2 years now. I have over 300 hours of volunteering while in college and I was awarded the chancellor leadership award only given out to 24 of 2500 students who graduated in 2012. I've been shadowing a DO family doctor for a year now and I work with two pathologist MD who are happy to write me letters of recommendations.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a bunch! I will apply broadly and early. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a bunch! I will apply broadly and early. Any recommendations?
LMU
WVSOM
ACOM
MUCOM
CUSOM
VCOM-VC or VCOM-CC
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LUCOM
PNWU
LECOM-E
COMP-NW
ATSU-KCOM (reach)
KCUMB (reach)
DMU (reach)
NSU (reach)

I'm actually a MLT as well............. have you found anything that helps with pre-med and MCAT in relation to working in the lab?

Why did your previous WAMC thread say that you have a 31 MCAT, but now you say you have a 25?

Just a heads up Hmong does not count as URM.