DO What are my Chances for DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endorphins98

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying this cycle to see how it goes. If I don't get accepted somewhere, I'll retake the MCAT and revamp my application as a whole. I just want some input as to what you wonderful people think my chances are and what schools I should apply to. Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

*NOTE: I wasn't planning on taking the MCAT until this fall, but a friend convinced me to sign up for the last round of the old exam so I went in with virtually no MCAT dedicated studying.

cGPA: 3.54
sGPA: 3.56
MCAT: 25
DO Shadowing: currently about 20 hours at urgent care/family physician (hours will continue to increase before application cycle starts)
Research: ~ 70 hours in a Lichens and Bryophytes special topics course. We published an identification handbook and spent several days doing fieldwork in a
Volunteering: STA for the Anatomy program (one of the best in the west!) 100+ hours
Employment: Working throughout my whole undergrad for 30+ hours a week. Most recently at a bank as a teller (2 years)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your EC's seem kind of weak honestly. Maybe waiting a cycle, building up you EC's and retaking the MCAT, isn't the worst thing in the world for you. I wouldn't apply just for the sake of applying, that logic didn't work so well for the MCAT, and you will be at a disadvantage as a re-applicant. But that is just speculation on my part, cheers.

nearly 100% chance of getting at least 1 acceptance if you apply early and broadly (20-25 schools).

Members don't see this ad :)