What are my chances for interview Cali FM programs? low board exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerpie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Comlex Level 1: 450 (1st attempt)
Comlex Level 2: 433 (1st attempt)
Bottom 50 Class rank
Strong letters of rec

I know a lot of schools filter based on scores and various other things and definitely going to apply broadly for FM programs but just curious to see what my chances are at getting FM interviews in Cali for ACGME programs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Bottom 50 Class rank
Strong letters of rec

I know a lot of schools filter based on scores and various other things and definitely going to apply broadly for FM programs but just curious to see what my chances are at getting FM interviews in Cali for ACGME programs?

Thanks!

I assume since you specify ACGME programs that you're a DO student. Remember that by the time you get to residency a lot DO programs will be ACGME programs, so don't rule those out.

Hi

Yes I'm a 4th year DO Student, I am applying for AOA residencies too but just curious to see based on my scores would it be possible to still get ACGME Cali interviews? (I'm not referring to the big academic institutions)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Bottom 50 Class rank
Strong letters of rec

Thanks!

So my scores were similar -- had 10 interviews within Texas and all were either ACGME or dual programs -- I wouldn't worry -- heck, swing an audition rotation at your top 2 or 3 and really shine -- with the exception of my residency, FM is usually non-toxic.

Reactions: 1 user
So my scores were similar -- had 10 interviews within Texas and all were either ACGME or dual programs -- I wouldn't worry -- heck, swing an audition rotation at your top 2 or 3 and really shine -- with the exception of my residency, FM is usually non-toxic.

Where did you train?
What made it toxic?

You'll get interviews and you'll match. Make sure you apply to inland empire, Fresno, etc areas.