What are my chances given my academic history?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayneWilliamsPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what are my chances of getting into DO school as I recently just made a career track transition. The main concern I have is the number of times I've re-taken classes. I have re-taken both Chem 1 and Calculus twice to get an "A". I also have a C in Physics 1. My stats and EC's are as follows:
3.7 UGPA
3.5SGPA
MCAT: 30 (10-9-11)
URM: Black Male
Employment: Student Assistant in Pathology( 3 years), Research Tech( 1 year)
* I was also able to get my name on a research paper with a professor.
EC'S: Habitat for Humanity volunteer two years, Muscle Dystrophy Assoc camp counselor 2 years, Peer Tutor for 3 years and a mentor for at risk children for 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a "What are my chances" sub-forum in the Pre-DO forum where you are going to get a lot more help, just FYI.

Second the post above. Though I believe that you have a great shot, and not just at DO (depending on your GPA without replacement). Though, I didn't see any shadowing so I'd work on that if you don't have any.

Members don't see this ad :)
based on stats alone- a very good chance at several MD schools

lol, everyone keeps telling you where to post. You have a good chance at MD and DO schools,especially with your higher MCAT

Get some clinical ECs like hospital volunteering and shoadioowing and you're good to go.

You have a very good chance at most of the MD schools in United States. Including several top 30s/20s. Apply broadly and on time and write great essays that tell your story and acknowledge your growth/improvement.

I have similar stats as yours and I have several interviews so far - and all except 1 are top (20) schools.

You can PM to find out more specifically my stats and the response I'm getting so far. Don't sell yourself short.