What are my chances? HELP!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazygirl149

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your chances for MD school are very low with your MCAT score. You need to retake the MCAT but not until your practice scores are over 500. You could also apply to DO schools next summer and if you apply to at least 15 schools and concentrate on the newer schools you would receive interviews if your repeat MCAT is at least 500.

Members don't see this ad :)
My practice scores before that were about 503-509. I also read 1-2 CARS passages every night and my practice CARS section was abt 124, 125, 126. But just don't know what happened to me on exam date...
Btw, how can I know which schools are new?

Sounds like you had a case of test anxiety.

Do schools where you have a chance for an interview with a MCAT of 500 include:
ARCOM
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
LUCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
UIWSOM
There will be several others opening for 2018. You may need a DO LOR for some DO schools so now would be a good time to find a DO to shadow.

I mean MD bc I already submitted secondary to several low tier MD schools...
If you are not accepted to MD school this year then forget about applying to MD schools next year and apply to the DO schools I listed after retaking the MCAT and hopefully scoring higher.

Where did you apply? I wouldn't add any additional MD schools. Your MCAT is really low. 496~23 (39%) on the old scale. This plus you are ORM doesn't bode well for success at MD schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user