What are my Chances? High GPA/ehhh PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muybn1209

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am currently going into my senior year of college and am going through the application process to attend pharmacy school for fall 2015 cycle. This summer I have sort of been going through a blueprint of what schools I want to apply to after I took the PCAT on the 17th. I am from the MA area, so I mainly want to apply to the New England area, but venture a little father with some applications. I have a decent gpa that's strong in math/science, but my PCAT scores weren't as good as I liked. I am also fairly involved on campus with extracurriculars.

GPA: 3.74

PCAT:
Verbal: 52%
Bio: 79%
Reading: 60%
Math: 45% (ouch..)
Chem: 68%
Comp: 64%

Extracurriculars/Experience:
-Student Government Association
-Class VP (3 Years)
-Class Senator (3 Years)
-VP for Academic Affairs (This upcoming year)

-Orientation Leader
-Organic Chemistry Tutor (Going on 2 Years)
-Shadowed hospital/retail pharmacist for a semester

Thinking of Applying:

1. MCPHS Boston
2. MCPHS Worcester
3. Northeastern
4. UCONN
5. University of Illinois at Chicago (Stretch)
6. U Maryland (Stretch)

Any criticism is welcome, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am currently going into my senior year of college and am going through the application process to attend pharmacy school for fall 2015 cycle. This summer I have sort of been going through a blueprint of what schools I want to apply to after I took the PCAT on the 17th. I am from the MA area, so I mainly want to apply to the New England area, but venture a little father with some applications. I have a decent gpa that's strong in math/science, but my PCAT scores weren't as good as I liked. I am also fairly involved on campus with extracurriculars.

GPA: 3.74

PCAT:
Verbal: 52%
Bio: 79%
Reading: 60%
Math: 45% (ouch..)
Chem: 68%
Comp: 64%

Extracurriculars/Experience:
-Student Government Association
-Class VP (3 Years)
-Class Senator (3 Years)
-VP for Academic Affairs (This upcoming year)

-Orientation Leader
-Organic Chemistry Tutor (Going on 2 Years)
-Shadowed hospital/retail pharmacist for a semester

Thinking of Applying:

1. MCPHS Boston
2. MCPHS Worcester
3. Northeastern
4. UCONN
5. University of Illinois at Chicago (Stretch)
6. U Maryland (Stretch)

Any criticism is welcome, thank you

Your chance is generally good (I don't know what level you are in college though). I think your list of schools is reasonable, but I would also add some lower tier just for safety/backup. And you still have plenty of time to retake the PCAT for higher score and improve your chance for higher-tier schools. GL :)