What are my chances? MCAT 30 3.4 overall 3.7 science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t2xd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI Everyone,

So far I have a 3.7 sGPA
3.4 overall (I fail music which I retook and got an A and I fail micro economics(did not know I had class till it was over) ---did not know the they average the F even if you repeat it.
MCAT ---- I will take it in January (Im pretty sure I can get at least a 30)

I done shadowing ,volunteering in 3rd word countries(in hospital and teaching ), I have years of management experience.

Im also from a unrepresented(latino) and economically disadvantage. First generation college graduate.

Im worried because my overall gpa went down after I learn my repeat grades will be calculated.

Im a biology major ...I A's all my upper Bio and Chen Classes only 1C in organic lecture(3crd)

Help please

NJ resident

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPA's are competitive, obviously the UG GPA is lower than preferred but not a deal breaker.

I would just focus on knocking out the MCAT before worrying about anything else. If you get a 30 you will certainly be a lock for DO schools and competitive for many MD schools.

Also not to be harsh, but how do you not know your in a class? That excuse just shows a real lack of maturity and awareness. In addition, is English your first language? It doesn't exactly come across that way, and that can make the MCAT very difficult for some.