-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted725807

--------------

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stats look fine for DO as long as you get a decent mcat. You should work on getting shadowing and non clinical volunteering as these are pretty important. Also Asian isn't URM its actually about as far ORM as it gets.

Reactions: 2 users
Your stats look fine for DO as long as you get a decent mcat. You should work on getting shadowing and non clinical volunteering as these are pretty important. Also Asian isn't URM its actually about as far ORM as it gets.
Some Asian groups are considered URM at several CA schools. Hmong and Cambodian are examples.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some Asian groups are considered URM at several CA schools. Hmong and Cambodian are examples.
Does the single parent part even matter? They take that into account?

Everything is taken into account.
So there's a box you can check saying you were raised by a single parent?

Also, is there such thing as a too personal personal statement?

So there's a box you can check saying you were raised by a single parent?

Also, is there such thing as a too personal personal statement?
It can be included in the "disadvantage" explanation in the primary.
There many things too personal to be included in a PS.

Reactions: 1 user
Chances quite good for DO, and fair for MD. Best chance is with your state school.

Top UC
Major: Clinical Nutrition
-GPA: 3.55 (First 2 years I had not so good grades due to illness and personal issues, the last two years straight As and Dean's List Awards)
-About to get an MPH in Chronic Disease Epidemiology at an Ivy League School
-Underrepresented, low-income, first generation, asian, came from single parent family
-Have yet to take MCAT
-Interested in treating chronic diseases as a physician

Experience:
3 years of Nutrition/Childhood Obesity Research (Publication, 2 Research Conferences)
100 Hours of Hospital Volunteer Work
2 years president of cancer club
4 months doing health policy for the state government (presented research)

Any advice on how to boost my application? I'm going to gain more clinical work while doing my MPH. I unfortunately switched around between Epi pHd and MD. Not sure about MD, but chances for DO with the MPH and my GPA? I really am leaning towards DO because DO works with Nutrition and PUblic Health well.