What are my chances of getting into Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harrisonlang13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just switched from pre-dental to pre-med and I just got done with my sophomore year at Creighton University. I am a biology major with a 4.00 GPA and have taken all the pre reqs for the MCAT except physics. I am planning on taking the MCAT after my junior year and assuming I do average on my MCAT what do you think my chances are of getting into medical school based on the following activites:

1.5 years of volunteering in a hospital (some ER, and mostly Child Life)
50 hours of shadowing various medical specialties
3 years of being a mentor for an elementary school student and tutoring him etc.
2 years of being a tutor for the athletic department student athletes in chemistry
Player on the Varsity Division 1 Men's Tennis Team (4 singles player and 3 doubles) - Huge time commitment
Member of Student Athlete Advisory Committee (speak on behalf of student-athletes at my school and do fundraisers, coat drives etc.)
3 years volunteering for Tennis Buddies (teaching kids with mental disabilities how to play tennis)
One week service trip to serve the homeless in local community
Work as a tennis coach every summer as well as put together clinics in my community to teach kids how to play tennis
Will have good letters of recommendation
Other various random volunteer positions/events

My main concern is that I don't have enough "medical" experiences and clinical experiences. Many people I know have gone abroad and done some sort of healthcare or medical volunteering and I just don't have time to do that with tennis (always having to practice in the summer) and previously being a pre dental student. Is what I have enough?

Members don't see this ad.