What Are My Chances? School list Help 3.78 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ananro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Junior at University of Pittsburgh, and just wanted some opinions on my chances of medical school, and where to apply. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Honors college

Gpa: 3.78 cGPA 3.73 sGPA
Dean's list every semester

MCAT: 36 - only took it once

Volunteering: Children's hospital volunteer>300 hours; helped start a volunteering program between Pitt Students and the hospital

Worked about 50 hours as an EMT locally

Research: One semester antibiotics research - published and gave a presentation at a national conference in D.C.
One summer at the Cleveland Clinic Molecular Cardiology internship
One year of research at pitt in a psychiatry/neuroscience lab - published and pretigious fellowship

Extra cirrciular's-
American medical students Association Chairmen - helped organize campus wide research fairs, and other events
Helped establish a new office under the honors college
EMT certified
Member of an Honors Service Organization
Student Government Board - Board member that helped establish many changes around campus, including new buildings

Shadowing - 35+hours psychiatrists
20+hours with neurosurgeons
15+hours cardiologist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure where I want to apply yet. I was hoping for some help with that. I guess a basic list would be Pitt, Ohio state, University of Cincinnatti, UPenn, UNC, any of the University of californias, NYU, Case Western, Brown, University of Illinois. ya I'm not sure where else