What are my chances? (School list included) 520/3.97

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you know what your chances are lol

Reactions: 2 users
I would get rid of the OOS schools that get >11k apps and/or where your MCAT is above the 90th and you'll be good to go. Youll have a good shot with the two schools in your states

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Numbers are excellent; EC are really weak. Of the people who gotten into top schools and who have shared with me their ECs, they have hundreds of hours each of clinical and non-clinical experience.

Numbers are excellent; EC are really weak. Of the people who gotten into top schools and who have shared with me their ECs, they have hundreds of hours each of clinical and non-clinical experience.
I'm curious about this statement; it appears as if he does have "hundreds" of hours of experience.

he says he has 1400 hrs as a manager; that alone - that's 35 hrs/week for 10 months. a near full time job for an entire year along with school as a biomedical science major - it doesn't appear that he could do much else. then his additional 500+ hours with another job

he's over 400 hrs between volunteering, research, and shadowing (although 50 MAY be low alone) - what more could he have possibly done?

IMO you are a solid candidate for any school; although maybe my judgment is flawed

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
He is extremely weak in patient contact experience, service to others, and research. It looks he did what was convenient, not what was necessary. My student interviewers would eat him alive.

If he wants to aim high, being a caddy isn't going to cut it.

I'm curious about this statement; it appears as if he does have "hundreds" of hours of experience.

he says he has 1400 hrs as a manager; that alone - that's 35 hrs/week for 10 months. a near full time job for an entire year along with school as a biomedical science major - it doesn't appear that he could do much else. then his additional 500+ hours with another job

he's over 400 hrs between volunteering, research, and shadowing (although 50 MAY be low alone) - what more could he have possibly done?

IMO you are a solid candidate for any school; although maybe my judgment is flawed

I think he'll be fine. FWIW I have a friend who was a caddy in high school/college who was very successful in their med school application cycle who killed the top 10 interview circuit.

Apply to all Wisconsin schools and maybe throw in UMN too (I know you guys don't like each other but you seem to have a decent number of cross admits).

Throw in UVA and VCU as well.

Apply to all top 20s that strike your fancy except University of Washington and the UCs.

Then throw in Einstein, Rochester, USC-Keck, Hofstra, Emory, and Case Western.

That's your list. Don't waste your money on schools like Rush and MUSC where you aren't a good fit profile-wise.