MD What are my chances thus far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revenge101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
"I am panicking right now, believing that my stats are not good enough for MD schools"

You're absolutely right, with only a 99th% MCAT best you can do is DO or Carib. Sorry.

Seriously, though... Apply anywhere you want, staring with Harvard.

Looks pretty damn good. MSAR will answer all your questions about which school. Look at schools with mcat medians jn the 33 and higher range. Identify 25 that take at least 25% OOS or so. Once you do that comeback if you want input on that list and you'll get some solid help

Members don't see this ad :)
100% agree. OP, you need to work on the self -esteem.

"I am panicking right now, believing that my stats are not good enough for MD schools"

You're absolutely right, with only a 99th% MCAT best you can do is DO or Carib. Sorry.

Seriously, though... Apply anywhere you want, staring with Harvard.

How competitive am I for the top 10 med schools? I was thinking I may need more research experience, but I am not sure...

My dream has always been to attend a med school in California/NYC/Boston (i.e. schools like UCSF, Harvard, UCLA, etc.)....

You're competitive for any school in the country - including T10. If I were you, I would apply to any school you would be interested in attending, as well as your state school(s) and maybe a few mid tier privates.