What are my chances to getting into: University of Washington School of Dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oral DJ Surgeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
This will be my first post on this forum!

I was wondering how my chances are of getting into UWSOD. Should I apply next year in my Senior year when I think I can raise my GPA and DAT scores a little bit more?

General
Grade: Junior
State Status: Instate/Resident
oGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.23

DAT
PAT: 21
QR: 20
RC: 19
Bio: 20
GChem: 20
OChem: 25
TS: 21
AA: 21

Extracurriculars
over 100 hours of shadowing
over 100 hours of interning and serving as a Registered Dental Assistant
------------------------------
I was hoping to apply this upcoming summer and by the time, I can hopefully raise my oGPA to 3.65 and sGPA to 3.4. Is this still enough? Should i retake the DAT?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Apply early , no later than mid-July for safest bet, and take your chance! No matter how redundant this phrase is, its true, applying early makes a world of a difference. And keep everything else up of course (shadowing, volunteering, some research..)
Good Luck :)

DO: Apply early and focus on improving your GPA
DONT: Make a username that includes the phrase "Oral Surgeon"

UW's DAT/GPA averages from 2014 ADEA guide: 21/21/21 (AA/TS/PAT) and 3.6/3.7 (sGPA/oGPA)

Last year, the school had 251 IS applicants. 124 were invited for interviews, and 56 of the interviewees were offered admission. That's about a 50% chance of getting an interview, and about a 20% chance of admission. Since your stats are at the DAT average and below the GPA average, you'll want to bolster your application in the next year to maximize your likelihood of admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO: Apply early and focus on improving your GPA
DONT: Make a username that includes the phrase "Oral Surgeon"

UW's DAT/GPA averages from 2014 ADEA guide: 21/21/21 (AA/TS/PAT) and 3.6/3.7 (sGPA/oGPA)

Last year, the school had 251 IS applicants. 124 were invited for interviews, and 56 of the interviewees were offered admission. That's about a 50% chance of getting an interview, and about a 20% chance of admission. Since your stats are at the DAT average and below the GPA average, you'll want to bolster your application in the next year to maximize your likelihood of admission.
That was what I was expecting to hear to be honest... can they see my grades while after I have already applied?

In addition, why can't my username have the words oral surgeon??? I thought this was Murica

He said "don't" do it, not "can't" do it.

That was what I was expecting to hear to be honest... can they see my grades while after I have already applied?

In addition, why can't my username have the words oral surgeon??? I thought this was Murica

That's exactly why.

What do you mean can they see your grades after applying? They only see what you send them.

Make yourself stand out. Do research if you can, become a certified dental assistant if possible, etc. Try to volunteer at the SoD if you live near the campus.

That's exactly why.

What do you mean can they see your grades after applying? They only see what you send them.

Such wow!

Okay jokes aside, so lets say that I apply in this upcoming summer, and I submit my transcript. Do I eventually have to resubmit? how can they see that I am improving my gpa while I am my application is being processed?

They let you do an academic update during the cycle between November and January (which is when you would send in an updated transcript). You can only do the update once so if you don't get in on December 1st, you should wait till fall grades are posted. That's of course if you do well during that semester and it's noteworthy to send updated grades to the schools to show that you're doing better.

Such wow!

Okay jokes aside, so lets say that I apply in this upcoming summer, and I submit my transcript. Do I eventually have to resubmit? how can they see that I am improving my gpa while I am my application is being processed?

They dont see anything until your application is finished processing and AADSAS publishes your application, or "mail out".

But yes, if you are taking classes you can put them in "planned coursework" and when the time comes to resubmit, usually around Dec, you put in the new grades.