What are my chances? Veterinary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorldClassNeurosurgeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just want to say a couple of things and really appreciate the feedback.
I just finished all my medical school/vet pre-reqs. I have always wanted to go to medical school..I took calculus II applied for biologists, but this year I tried to place into Analytical Calc II big mistake...so I dropped it...here's my questions:

1. Is it a real big deal that I dropped it? It doesn't have a W, but I feel almost dumb that I couldn't get through it, but I never took analytical calc I, I took abridge calc I and II for biology majors at my school..Is this going to really be a big deal? I do not think it will impact my future in med. but whoever knows.

2. I got all A's in all my prereqs...EXCEPT biochemistry and Organic 2...two classes that I know are not really always required. I ended up getting a C in biochm and a C+ in orgo 2....I took them at the same time and there's a really high standard at UCONN.

3. My GPA, however, is around a 3.6 and I am sure my GRE when I take it will be good. I have two minor degrees (Molecular and Ecology) and I have a great deal of medical experience including shadowing and I am now working in a veterinary clinic...

Do I have a reasonable chance? I felt like the Calc II thing has really been getting me down, but I also didn't take part one for engineering and I know I am not going to need to calculate the Ellipse of a circle while operating...
haha.
Thank you,
Please be kind in your responses.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.