What are my chances? WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sofpink

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA 3.62
  2. sGPA 3.56
  3. MCAT score(s) and breakdown 500 126/123/125/126
  4. State of residence NJ
  5. Ethnicity and/or race Latino
  6. Undergraduate institution or category Local State University
  7. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer) +150 hrs of medical interpreter at local hospital/clinic
  8. Research experience and productivity + 8 years of management and technical support experience
  9. Shadowing experience and specialties represented +150 shadowing peds, internal medicine, ob/gyn
  10. Non-clinical volunteering
  11. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc) Study abroad year-long program in the middle east which included hospital and food bank volunteer. Non-traditional, +30 years old
  12. Relevant honors or awards 2 scholarships, 1 award and dean's list, pell grant recipient

Members don't see this ad.

And a school list could also help, so far I have
DO LIST:
Rowan SOM
PCOM
LECOM
NYIT
Touro
NOVA

MD List:
NY Downstate
Common wealth
Rowan
RWJ
NJMS
Howard
Quinipeg
NYMC
Hofstra
Drexel
Thomas Jefferson
Temple

Last edited:
what specific latino subpopulation are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if it is considered URM? That would help your chances out significantly

Do you know if it is considered URM? That would help your chances out significantly
As far as I am concerned, it is considered URM. AAMC says: "Underrepresented in medicine means those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population'' https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/urm/54286/channellink_urm.html

I guessed that each school has it own version of what they considered as URM.