What are my chances/where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wolfpack93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA 3.75
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 29 (ps 10 vr 9 bs 10)
Shadowed a podiatrist for 70+ hours and an ER nurse for 10.
Organic Chemistry research lab for 1 year, writing senior thesis in this lab.
Heavily involved in clubs and orgs on campus.
Participated in a mobile clinic in Lima, Peru for 2 weeks.
Worked at tutoring center for a little over a year.

Members don't see this ad.

I've already applied to UNSOM, Tufts, Geisel SOM, and Creighton but don't know where else to apply, especially for next cycle if I don't get in this one.

You could add St. Louis, Loyola, Rosalind Franklin, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont, Albany, New York Medical, Quinnipiac, GW, Drexel, Temple and Jefferson.

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA 3.75
sGPA 3.80
Do you have a plan to get in some US physician shadowing and engage in some active clinical experience where you interact with US patients in a helpful way (through volunteerism or employment)? Do you have consistent involvement in some type of nonmedical community service helping those in need that would appeal to Creighton (and Loyola)? If not, you might want to start working on improving those areas of your application for the sake of Secondaries, update letters, interview conversations, and in case you'll need to reapply.

If I don't get in this cycle I plan on trying to find a position at a hospital until the next cycle. I could also probably go back to shadowing the doctor I've been previously shadowing. I have a lot of non medical community service through a club called Circle K on campus, but not all of the events are the same. But yes, I definitely plan on improving those areas, it would just be difficult as this is my senior year, and I'm working and involved in a research lab. But thank you for your feedback!

You could add St. Louis, Loyola, Rosalind Franklin, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont, Albany, New York Medical, Quinnipiac, GW, Drexel, Temple and Jefferson.

Do you think it would be too late for this cycle?

You need to do some actual physician shadowing. Podiatrists and nurses don't count.

By the MSAR. You should apply to schools at which you have a better chance.

cGPA 3.75
sGPA 3.80
your MCAT and lack of EC's that catalystik mentioned will make your cycle an uphill battle. Suggest DO schools if you want to get in this year.