What are my Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jad437

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! So I just wanted an idea as to what my chances would be in getting into these schools.

These are the schools that I am interested in and my stats as well:

NYU
UCLA David Geffen
UCLA PRIME
Northwestern
UIC
NYU
NYMC
Johns Hopkins
USC
UC Davis
UCSF
Loyola Chicago
Case Western

My stats:
Major: Biology
Minor: Spanish

Cum GPA: 3.82
Science: 3.81
MCAT: 32 B: 11 V: 11 P: 10
URM

Clinical Volunteering Experience: 150 + hours
Shadowing: 120 + hours

Research: I did research for one year in a molecular bio plant sciences lab and presented a poster for my work, but realized I prefer qualitative research as opposed to quantitative.

- Did LGBT HIV/ AIDS prevention at Johns Hopkins for a whole summer at the school of public health. This consisted of interviewing people who identify as LGBT and are African American. Consisted of collecting data to better understand the stigmatism against African Americans in the gay community.

I did a summer program called the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program at UCLA the summer of my freshman year which exposed students to the medical/ dental field, as well as public health.

- Went on a mission trip to Ghana for 10 days to bring public health education and medication to a rural area outside of Accra.

Americorps - I took two years off after graduating and I did Americorps with the San Francisco Health Community Corps which was an amazing experience where I worked with the LGBT community, specifically with people who were homeless and had absolutely nowhere else to go.

I started up an organization with a medical student at my school called "Mizzou Med Pride" which serves its purpose in raising awareness to LGBT healthcare issues and educating physicians, public health practitioners, and other health professionals in proper LGBT healthcare.

Study Abroad I took the summer I graduated to travel to Mendoza, Argentina to practice some of my spanish speaking skills and literally had one of the most amazing experiences there. My spanish got a lot better over the course of the program.

Centro Latino - volunteered for a non-profit organization in which I helped the children of parents who could not speak english with homework. The organization also did public health research on obesity and sexual violence towards women. I had to translate the data collected in spanish into english.

Organic Chemistry and Spanish Tutor !

I'm open to any comments! Thank you and I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

That's kind of a random list - is there a reason for the Johns hopkins, NYU, and NYMC? The rest seem localized to midwest/california except for these.

I would not bother applying to NYMC. If you are considering the east coast, I would also apply to many more upper mid-tier programs, like Cornell, Columbia, Mount Sinai, or similar schools in the northwest.

Chances outstanding. Aim high.

Hey! So I just wanted an idea as to what my chances would be in getting into these schools.

These are the schools that I am interested in and my stats as well:

NYU
UCLA David Geffen
UCLA PRIME
Northwestern
UIC
NYU
NYMC
Johns Hopkins
USC
UC Davis
UCSF
Loyola Chicago
Case Western

My stats:
Major: Biology
Minor: Spanish

Cum GPA: 3.82
Science: 3.81
MCAT: 32 B: 11 V: 11 P: 10
URM

Clinical Volunteering Experience: 150 + hours
Shadowing: 120 + hours

Research: I did research for one year in a molecular bio plant sciences lab and presented a poster for my work, but realized I prefer qualitative research as opposed to quantitative.

- Did LGBT HIV/ AIDS prevention at Johns Hopkins for a whole summer at the school of public health. This consisted of interviewing people who identify as LGBT and are African American. Consisted of collecting data to better understand the stigmatism against African Americans in the gay community.

I did a summer program called the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program at UCLA the summer of my freshman year which exposed students to the medical/ dental field, as well as public health.

- Went on a mission trip to Ghana for 10 days to bring public health education and medication to a rural area outside of Accra.

Americorps - I took two years off after graduating and I did Americorps with the San Francisco Health Community Corps which was an amazing experience where I worked with the LGBT community, specifically with people who were homeless and had absolutely nowhere else to go.

I started up an organization with a medical student at my school called "Mizzou Med Pride" which serves its purpose in raising awareness to LGBT healthcare issues and educating physicians, public health practitioners, and other health professionals in proper LGBT healthcare.

Study Abroad I took the summer I graduated to travel to Mendoza, Argentina to practice some of my spanish speaking skills and literally had one of the most amazing experiences there. My spanish got a lot better over the course of the program.

Centro Latino - volunteered for a non-profit organization in which I helped the children of parents who could not speak english with homework. The organization also did public health research on obesity and sexual violence towards women. I had to translate the data collected in spanish into english.

Organic Chemistry and Spanish Tutor !

I'm open to any comments! Thank you and I appreciate it!