What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dylan4081

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT score back and am wondering if I should even bother applying. This is what I'm working with: 8p/7v/10b cgpa=3.55 sgpa=3.45. I have 3 LORs from my chem and bio dean as well one from my pre med advisor. I plan on getting another one from the DO I've been shadowing. My ECs include having 8 executive positions in five different organizations, being in three honor societies, 100+ hours of community service, 28 hours of shadowing and some research but got published. I'm a resident in Oklahoma.
Schools I want to apply to:
1. Oklahoma University
2. KCUMB COM
3. Midwestern in AZ
4. Nova
5. OSU COM
6. UNT COM
7. UCF

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're good...look at the MSAR or average admitted student stats. Your MCAT/GPA are around average and your EC look really good.

I think you're good...look at the MSAR or average admitted student stats. Your MCAT/GPA are around average and your EC look really good.
Do you think I have any chance at OU? I'd honestly be happy with any of the schools, but OU is like 10 minutes away from my current location and is around my family and friends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I have any chance at OU? I'd honestly be happy with any of the schools, but OU is like 10 minutes away from my current location and is around my family and friends.
This may help you: http://www.hippocrates.ouhsc.edu/comdocs/pdf/OU COM Brochure.pdf

"The overall grade point average was 3.74 and the average total MCAT score was 30."

I think it's a long shot, but you never know until you apply. Likely, your MCAT is too low for MD. You're very much in the hunt for DO though, specifically OSU which is in Tulsa...so you're still close to home.

Here's OSU: http://www.healthsciences.okstate.edu/com/admissions/requirements.php
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.6
  • Science GPA of 3.6
  • MCAT score of 27

You should be more competitive here than OU....can you retake any classes? OSU/most of the osteopathic do grade replacement for GPA.

Well the MSAR is just for MD which OP is not competitive for. So looking at the MSAR wouldn't really be helpful for OP. OSU is definitely a better choice then OU.

BTW dylan I don't understand why you are applying to UCF. Also you need to apply to more do school. Like VCOM for example. Your MCAT is low for DO schools so you need to apply to alot of DO schools so you hopefully get into one of them.

Think I have a shot at PCOM? I decided I'll apply there too. When I filled out my application I literally had 1500+ hours in ECs and volunteering. I think that would set me apart from others who have similar scores.