What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popt.19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a Junior on the pre-optometry track right now. I have a 3.26 GPA, a 3.38 biology gpa and 2.75 chemistry gpa (I have only taken 2 chemistry classes so far). I am also the pre-optometry club president and have been since last semester (spring sophomore year) and volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in my community and will be going on an optical mission trip. I have been working at an optometrist's office for a year and plan on continuing to do so. I've also shadowed at a vision therapy center. However, I have gotten a minor consumption ticket in WI, but it was after calling the police for someone with alcohol poisoning.

I'm just wondering what my chances of getting into a school are as of right now? Note: I haven't taken the OAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

After putting your information in my special algorithm, it spewed out 50% with a confidence interval from 25-75%, mainly because of the lack of OAT scores (the 2nd biggest contributor to application success) and the minor consumption ticket in WI.

In all seriousness, your chances look okay-to-good. not great, not horrible, but somewhere in between. still need the OAT score though.