What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STI13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I would like to know what are my chances getting into a program with my grades. I have a 2.6 gpa which I know I is horrible but I had a rough time during dental school. Bother was diagnosed with schizophrenia after having a mental breakdown and mother had cancer 3 months after. I have passed NBDE part 1 and 2. Also been working in the states as a dental assistant and have done various volunteer work. Also is there anything I should be doing to better my chance at getting accepted. Any feedback would be gladly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It is admirable that with all those obstacles you were able to get your degree, kudos to you. Don't loose hope , any chance you can do any research or an internship?

I'm actually shadowing an oral surgeon but I would like to do some research work. Any way I could get started on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which program r u trying to get in? Ad stading? specialty?

Hi, pls let me know, what do u mean by internship? and also in research what we can do as a international student.
thank in advance

There is some schools that offer a 1 year internship ( or fellowship) in Pros or Perio , they usually charge tuition but it is a good chance for people to know you as a person since your GPA is so low.