DO What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat265

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 3.53 sGPA and 3.02 cGPA, taking mcat in June. I want to retake my classes to raise my GPA. I want to apply DO school for 2015-2016 application session. Do I need to finish taking my classes before I submit my primary? I called the school I want to get in the admission office said as long as I finish my class by spring 2016 I am good. Is it true?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a 3.53 sGPA and 3.02 cGPA, taking mcat in June. I want to retake my classes to raise my GPA. I want to apply DO school for 2015-2016 application session. Do I need to finish taking my classes before I submit my primary? I called the school I want to get in the admission office said as long as I finish my class by spring 2016 I am good. Is it true?

Thank you.
It's true that you don't have to complete your required classes until just before med school matriculation (as all proof of completion must be on the final transcript you submit to the school you'll attend before the first day of class). But if you have some prerequisites below a C, it might be strategic to wait until that class has been retaken. OTOH, after you submit your application and get verified, if you send AACOMAS a new transcript, they will update your file and application GPAs and send them out to the schools you've applied to. So not waiting might work for you, depending on your situation.