What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaToothFairy444

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just would like to know my chances

AA:18
TS:18
Bio:20
GC:18
OC: 17
PAT:20
RC:19
QR:17
GPA:3.62 sGPA:3.47

104 shadowing hours
MANY extracurriculars and service hours.
Applied to 19 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
well it probably wouldn't pay for me to retake it this cycle bc I have to wait 90 days from today

i have a friend who re-took it in december and starting receiving a lot of post-dec interviews after updating them with his new dat score. so i mean it could be worth it!

What undergrad did you go to? How many CC credits do you have?

Hey everyone!

104 shadowing hours
Applied to 19 schools.

Your scores are literally like the average accepted score(s) ! Amazing, that is not easy to get.

What state are you from? Just curious

Your gpa is really good, above average.

I think your personal statement will have to be the tie breaker in your case....

19 schools.... I think at least 3-5 interviews.... But do plan to retake!

I have similar dat scores. I am retaking in September .

Hey everyone!

104 shadowing hours
Applied to 19 schools.
You'll be fine. I got the same AA and PAT but lower cGPA, higher sGPA, fewer shadowing hours and volunteering hours. I applied to 12 in mid-August but technically only 10, got 3 interviews and 1 acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Your scores are literally like the average accepted score(s) ! Amazing, that is not easy to get.

I think your personal statement will have to be the tie breaker in your case....

Thank you for your response. I am from Louisiana. Doesn't look like I'll be getting into LSU bc word is they don't extend interviews if score is less than 19

You'll be fine. I got the same AA and PAT but lower cGPA, higher sGPA, fewer shadowing hours and volunteering hours. I applied to 12 in mid-August but technically only 10, got 3 interviews and 1 acceptance.

Thanks hannah! I remember you from the Roseman thread and was very excited when I saw you had gotten an acceptance!

Average DAT is closer to 20 (19.9) according to ADEA 2015 book and Doc Toothache's excel sheet.

Low and even if you get lucky and get in, it most likely won't be at a good school, retake the DAT.

Would you mind sending me a DM of where you got interviews / accepted?

What schools did you applied to? And which gave you your interviews/acceptance?

Would you mind sending me a DM of where you got interviews / accepted?

What schools did you applied to? And which gave you your interviews/acceptance?
Hey guys, I applied to:
1. MWU-AZ (just because it's in-state to make my parents happy but I hate the heat here.)
2. ASDOH (#stupiddecision just because it's in-state but since I only have 80-100 hours and the students there usually have hundreds or thousands of hours, I didn't want to waste money on the secondary fees.)
3. MWU-IL (Interviewed + accepted)
4. University of Colorado (Interviewed + Rejected - I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm from AZ and they take a few students from WICHE states every year. It was my first interview so I bombed it pretty badly).
5. Roseman (Interviewed + Waitlist - the waitlist is freaking huge, so glad I got an acceptance from another school)
6. Nebraska (don't really know why - I guess I was into da Midwest theme thang a few months ago.)
7. Kentucky (reason: see above)
8. MOSDOH (#stupiddecision because I applied to ASDOH so I thought why not MOSDOH?)
9. University of Utah (#ignorantdecision I did not really research the ADEA guide book before making the list and this school is super out-of-state unfriendly + high stats.)
10. Case Western (just because it's one of those private schools and I did not have other choices with my average/low stats.)
11. University of Iowa (my stats are lower for the school.)
12. One more school maybe in the middle of Midwest but I can't remember.

A lot of schools (half or more) on this list I would not apply to if I had to do it over again. To save more money and maximize your chance, the ADEA guide book ($10) and SDN are the most useful tools.