What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AceH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha sorry, def not being a troll, maybe being neurotic, but reading SDN and hearing stories of people not matching with massive stats got me worried, so I was asking. I would really appreciate input, especially on a good application strategy to maximize my chances. I have read and gotten great advice from some of your posts BoardingDoc.

What stories on SDN show an AMG with a 235+ step 1 and a 250+ step 2 not match EM?

Reactions: 1 user
hahaha sorry, def not being a troll, maybe being neurotic, but reading SDN and hearing stories of people not matching with massive stats got me worried, so I was asking. I would really appreciate input, especially on a good application strategy to maximize my chances. I have read and gotten great advice from some of your posts BoardingDoc.

Dude, the ppl not matching with "massive" stats have some sort of personality issue that comes to light during the interview. As long as you can hold a conversation and seem half-way interesting, you're in. With your neurosis, however, it could go either way.

I think you should take a year off and do some leadership role. Either that or apply to FM or pathology.:)

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
With your numbers, I would apply to everyone in the country and even DO school. I think there may be some in Iraq that usually doesn't fill. Just remember to either bring your ISIS flag or grow a beard

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
EM docs don't usually take much seriously. But in all seriousness, I would just pledge your allegiance over the internet, go to Turkey, cross the border and you are in. I hear its pretty easy to get in. No interview, no testing, no patient encounter. Just Jihadi John someone once and you are in. :soexcited:

EM docs don't usually take much seriously. But in all seriousness, I would just pledge your allegiance over the internet, go to Turkey, cross the border and you are in. I hear its pretty easy to get in. No interview, no testing, no patient encounter. Just Jihadi John someone once and you are in. :soexcited:
Rumor has it he desperately wanted to be a head and neck surgeon but was a little to aggressive with his technique. Never matched and had to scramble into his current position.

Rumor has it he desperately wanted to be a head and neck surgeon but was a little to aggressive with his technique. Never matched and had to scramble into his current position.

daduntsh.gif

This thread went from my chances to something else all together lol

This thread went from my chances to something else all together lol

Sweetie, you'll be fine. Just don't eff up your EM rotation.

I matched last year to my #1 with lower stats and as a USIMG.