Program-Specific Info / Q's What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lao27746

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be applying to CSUDH and USC next year for their OT program. Below are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.8 from a CSU
Prereq GPA: 4.0
I still need to take the GRE, but have a little over 200 hours of shadowing/volunteering

What do you guys think my chances are? Everyone I know seems to have a 4.0 GPA and they are getting rejected from USC and CSUDH so I'm getting a little nervous about my stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Welcome to the club! I'm applying now to CSUDH and I share your sentiments. If I had more time on my hands I would take my own advice, but I'm older and feel the urgency to start OT school like yesterday!

So CSUDH is awesome in that they accept the highest grade (not average) of a prerequisite class, that said your 3.5 could in theory improve to a 4.0 and if you're applying next year then I would definitely retake some of those classes. Also, being a state school I know they place great emphasis on GRE scores. Their average admission score is 310, so I would shoot for anything above that! Investing time in GRE is a wise choice financially in that if you get accepted in CSUDH your tuition is like nothing. Or, if you get accepted into USC I know they offer special kinds of scholarships to students of high achieving GRE scores -- win, win.

Your stats aren't bad; I would say they're average. But even with better stats you're still not guaranteed a place in their cohort. Do what you can and don't stress! Good luck.