DO What Are My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

booboofah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My original uGPA was 2.4 and after I graduated, I attended a local state school and got a cGPA of 3.6 with a second degree in Biology.
Based on my excel calculations, my cGPA is 2.9, sGPA is 3.1. I plan to take the MCAT 5/6

I retook almost all of the classes that I performed poorly in my original undergrad but all of the courses there have higher credit hours so I couldn't take advantage of grade replacement.

I am hoping to applying to as many DO schools as possible. I am just discouraged that my former uGPA is making as much of an impact on my GPA.

Clinical Research: Have volunteered regularly for over two years, haven't calculated hours yet
Job: I work as a counselor at a rehab for over a year now.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is low for many DO schools so your only hope is to do well on the MCAT with a score of at least 505. You also need shadowing with a DO and clinical volunteering hours. If you obtain a good MCAT score apply to at least 20 DO schools and include all the newer schools and schools that open in 2017.