What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctornobody77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to apply to SMP programs next Spring but I wanted to know if I have a shot at MD/DO next spring as well? If not, what SMP programs should I consider with my stats?

Graduated with Neuroscience and Physiology major
cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.2
upward trend of freshmen 2.7 gpa to a senior gpa of 3.92

MCAT:512

550 hours molecular bio research internship- getting in acknowledgements section on paper(<-does that help?)
300 hours neuroscience research internship
300 volunteer hours medical, got to shadow one doctor for a day
community service commitment through my fraternity membership for a year

ill most likely continue my community service commitment throughout next year and get a job working in medicine somewhere..

thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

You are good for most DO schools and potentially state MD programs, but for MD yes an SMP is probably warranted, or a DIY post bac

There are a good number of MD schools that weight the last two years more than the entire cGPA. Upward trends are always good. I think that with a carfule list, you don't need an SMP.

Acknowledgements on papers don't count.

Best et is your state MD school, but try the low tiers like the Philly Triplets, Albany, Wake, etc. and yes, any DO school.

Hello

I am looking to apply to SMP programs next Spring but I wanted to know if I have a shot at MD/DO next spring as well? If not, what SMP programs should I consider with my stats?

Graduated with Neuroscience and Physiology major
cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.2
upward trend of freshmen 2.7 gpa to a senior gpa of 3.92

MCAT:512

550 hours molecular bio research internship- getting in acknowledgements section on paper(<-does that help?)
300 hours neuroscience research internship
300 volunteer hours medical, got to shadow one doctor for a day
community service commitment through my fraternity membership for a year

ill most likely continue my community service commitment throughout next year and get a job working in medicine somewhere..

thanks for any advice!