What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDream0228

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. I'm going to be applying in next cycle and wanted some input on what my chances are for DO and MD school. Currenlty in a Masters of Anatomy program at Case Western Reserve University. Undergrad cGPA- 3.3 sGPA-3.3. Current grad GPA-3.4 but projected GPA upon graduation 3.6/7. Waiting on MCAT scores but practice scores were in the range of 502-506. I have 200+ hours of shadowing with various specialities-all MD- and 150+ hours of volunteering. Any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a good shot if you hit 505+ on the MCAT and apply early/broadly, assuming your ECs are standard.

This is not to say that you need a minimum of a 505 to have a chance, but that seems to be a solid score for DO schools.

I would say you're looking good for DO, the MCAT isn't really MD competitive, but if you apply to schools that take a more holistic approach and aren't as stat heavy, and if you're well rounded in ECs you could definitely get into one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come back when you have an MCAT score; then we can properly advise.

Hey Guys. I'm going to be applying in next cycle and wanted some input on what my chances are for DO and MD school. Currenlty in a Masters of Anatomy program at Case Western Reserve University. Undergrad cGPA- 3.3 sGPA-3.3. Current grad GPA-3.4 but projected GPA upon graduation 3.6/7. Waiting on MCAT scores but practice scores were in the range of 502-506. I have 200+ hours of shadowing with various specialities-all MD- and 150+ hours of volunteering. Any input is appreciated.