Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

What are my chances...

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by 203712, 05.27.08.

1. 203712

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey everyone, I have some questions on my chances to MD schools.

I took the MCAT in aug. 07 and got a 28Q. (PS-11,VR-6,BS-11). Took it again in April and got a 32M (PS-13, VR-9, BS-10). I know the second time was good but i am extremely disappointed:(:(. I constantly score in the Mid 30's and have even scored 39 twice on AAMC practice tests. I was expecting 34-37. When it comes to the real thing, I just can't perform. I know my BS is better then a 10, hell i got an 11 the first time!!

Anyways, 28Q, 32M, 3.9 cGPA as well as sGPA. What do you guys think of my chances at cali schools (except linda)? I do not really care to go outside of cali, so what do you guys think? would love UC Davis or UCLA.....:rolleyes:

BTW, 1st generation college student, English is my second language (hence cant crap 10 in VR to save my life!), born in India.
  2. SilentNight

SilentNight

SDN 5+ Year Member
    You did quite well on your 2nd attempt at the MCAT except its a bit unbalanced. GPA-wise you are in good condition.

To stay in CA I hope you have a lot of clinical and research experience, and preferably some community service. Remember that CA is highly competitive and average MCAT = 33 and GPA = 3.6.

If you just want to be a doctor you should apply broadly to out of state schools. In my opinion I would apply to other schools as well. I would love to stay in CA as well but I do not want to waste a year trying to reapply.

Good luck with your applications. :)
  3. almo88

almo88 double frick

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow. You would be a shoe-in outside Cali, but from what I hear, it's more of a crap-shoot in that state. Good luck! If you apply broadly and early, you'll get an acceptance!
  4. 203712

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Last edited: 11.09.08

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal