What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtse106

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I consider myself a pretty average student. 3.6 cumm gpa, 30R mcat, have that volunteer work/EC's down, do research While my gpa is ok, my mcat is kinda borderline (especially since all of the mcat scores for all the schools have gone up compared to last year). So what are your guy's opinions on my chances? And what schools do you recommend I apply to? Should I try applying to some DO schools too? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

We need more information from you, such as: BCMP average, breakdown of MCAT scores and state of residence to start with.

Once we have that, we'll be able to give better advice.

So I consider myself a pretty average student. 3.6 cumm gpa, 30R mcat, have that volunteer work/EC's down, do research While my gpa is ok, my mcat is kinda borderline (especially since all of the mcat scores for all the schools have gone up compared to last year). So what are your guy's opinions on my chances? And what schools do you recommend I apply to? Should I try applying to some DO schools too? Thanks!

Hey, I'm in a similar position as you with a 31O MCAT and a 3.65 GPA. I'm going to be applying to my state (Fl) schools and a bunch of mid-tier out of state schools that generally accept a good number of non-residents.

I know the average MCAT scores have gone up since last year, but I still think you stand a chance, especially if you apply early. Best of luck! :luck:

state of residence: WA
BCPM: 3.4
Others: 3.8
Average: 3.6

MCAT: 10 - 10 - 10 - R

there ya go..sorry for not putting it up there earlier. any help is appreciated!