What are my (DO) chances? Just trying to plan for the next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Don'tStopMeNow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there! So, I have one more secondary to finish and figured I should look toward how I might have to plan the rest of the year. In that vein, I figured I should see what my chances with DO schools might be.

My cGPA is 3.36, science GPA is 3.32. MCAT is 37. Double major in Genetics and Biochemistry (with two years of Engineering before I switched). Over 200 hours of clinical volunteering, about 70 hours shadowing. Lost of community service as well (and a position as a college RA for two years). I currently tutor and work in a pharmacy.

Applying to
Des Moines, LECOM, NOVA, PCOM, Rowan and UNECOM, WesternU (lebanon and Pomona)

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait, OP your MCAT score is a 37? Are you only applying to DO schools?

Yeah, 13, 13, and an 11 in VR. Although, as some schools average I started with a 31, got a 33, then got a 37 (each time pretty balanced).

I'm applying to 14 MD schools too, but I posted about those last time and goro (or whatever his name is) who seemed to know a lot about it implied I should try DO because of my weak GPA (and that most MD were out of reach beyond my state school).

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances are outstanding. Please apply to my school! There are a few MD schools that might give you some love, too.

Hello there! So, I have one more secondary to finish and figured I should look toward how I might have to plan the rest of the year. In that vein, I figured I should see what my chances with DO schools might be.

My cGPA is 3.36, science GPA is 3.32. MCAT is 37. Double major in Genetics and Biochemistry (with two years of Engineering before I switched). Over 200 hours of clinical volunteering, about 70 hours shadowing. Lost of community service as well (and a position as a college RA for two years). I currently tutor and work in a pharmacy.

Applying to
Des Moines, LECOM, NOVA, PCOM, Rowan and UNECOM, WesternU (lebanon and Pomona)

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 user
Im sure Goro can agree with me that the MCAT/GPA spread isnt lethal for MD schools, that 37 is really awesome, you are amazing!

Thanks! it's mostly due to having no social life and getting a job with a test prep company while I was studying.

Thanks goro, which is your school?

^ the world will never know..

Reactions: 1 users