What are my odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Vitaminka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.45 overall GPA and a 3.3 science GPA from ucla with major in Biochem and minor in Math.

On my DAT, I got the following:
PA 18
QR 22
RC 21
BIO 25
GC 19
OC 19
TS 21
AA 21

I am applying to 13 schools, but would really like to stay in Cali, if possible. I have also retaken 2 classes. In your experience...what would you say my odds are? Would you suggest retaking DAT?

Thanks for everything!

Members don't see this ad.

You're screwed. You need at least 25's across the board to get in nowadays.

Oh wait, I got in with 18s and 20s.

oh come on. youre in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Gavin...you have a shot...just don't blow the interviews

Dr.Vitaminka said:
I have a 3.45 overall GPA and a 3.3 science GPA from ucla with major in Biochem and minor in Math.

On my DAT, I got the following:
PA 18
QR 22
RC 21
BIO 25
GC 19
OC 19
TS 21
AA 21

I am applying to 13 schools, but would really like to stay in Cali, if possible. I have also retaken 2 classes. In your experience...what would you say my odds are? Would you suggest retaking DAT?

Thanks for everything!

If you apply in May or June, you'll have no problem whatsoever, seriously. If you apply in Sept, Oct, or Nov, you're SCREWED. APPLY EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it. I will definitely apply early! :)

ItsGavinC said:
Your grades and DAT scores are good. I'd view you as an average to slightly above average applicant.

With a 21? Are you serious. Maybe at UCLA, there are more schools in Cal than UCLA A 21 is way way above average.

You will probably get into whatever school you want to get into. Then it will just be a matter of deciding what school to attend.

DIRTIE said:
With a 21? Are you serious. Maybe at UCLA, there are more schools in Cal than UCLA A 21 is way way above average.

You will probably get into whatever school you want to get into. Then it will just be a matter of deciding what school to attend.

i disagree.. 21 is pretty decent.. but not way above average.. i know some people that had better stats and have trouble getting in. but, you should be ok, if you apply early.

food4thots said:
i disagree.. 21 is pretty decent.. but not way above average.. i know some people that had better stats and have trouble getting in. but, you should be ok, if you apply early.

Its a whole pt higher than the average at your school, that is pretty good, also after looking at the UCSF website it appears like women have some sort of advantage there, interesting.

http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/admiss_program1-stats.html