What are the best recommended MCAT material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnePodRanger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I heard,

Kaplan has the best review material and heard some good things about TPR. I used the EK review set 9th edition for a couple of months. However, I heard that they didn't cover some of the stuff in the Psychology and Sociology book! I am completely screwed for the MCAT now. My exam is in another week. No wonder I have been doing bleh on that section (126).

Members don't see this ad.

I used the Kaplan 7 book set. It was more extensive review, which is what I needed with 12+ year old prereqs. For exams, I recommend EK and NS. Also Khan Academy for bio/bch and psy/soc.

I had a solid content base from classes, and this is what I used:
-all AAMC materials
-EK review book set
-TPR psychology book (comes with 2 full-lengths and their free diagnostic)
-Khan Academy for any of my weaker subject areas

The EK books are good for concise review, but it is true that the psych and soc book is lacking significantly. With that said, its all about finding what you need.

If you do ALL of the AAMC stuff (q packs, section banks, 2 FL, etc.) you will be in a solid shape. All the other stuff is good for content review. Get extra FL too for extra practice+content review. Pacing is key and the more exams you do, the better.

Members don't see this ad :)
no love for berkley review? (genuine question). it used to be the gold standard for the old mcat

Thank you all for the replies! I think I fairly did well on the MCAT, the CARS section was rough but I thought I did enough to get a 515

no love for berkley review? (genuine question). it used to be the gold standard for the old mcat

"No love" is completely our fault. We released our books for the new MCAT much later than other companies (we waited until the MCAT had actually been given rather than base it all on one practice exam), so we fell off the radar. Most of the early reviewers omitted us from their lists.

As of the last six months (when we released the last of our new books), there has been a surge in popularity. People have been getting good scores, so it's a matter of time before things are back to normal.

Last edited: