What are the odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsnothingless

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yep

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your DAT scores are exceptional, and your GPA is fine, not the best I've seen but good enough. Since you are a California resident, I am curious to know why Western and UCLA are not on the list? Also, I'm not familiar with Michigan but I know it is a public school so they must have quotas on the number of out-of-state applicants they can take in. I'd add in more private schools to increase your chances as well.

same advice as above poster...add private schools.your school list is short. Meh gpa but terrific dat scores (good job).your extra curricular look great as well.

Just add more private schools & you will be set. If I were an adcom the only weakness to your application is the GPA & you have definitely don't everything you can to balance out rest of your app

Nice username I'm stealing that

Sent from my AMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I strongly agree with you about UCLA. Their average for both GPA & dat are very high. I would suggest adding a few more schools for a better chance. I would recommend Colombia ( heard they love applicants with high DAT even with average gpa).

According to the students at western, a lot of the people that go their for dental don't live in Pomona but in the neighboring cities. The surrounding area isn't very attractive but the facilities and clinic are very nice. Their dental stimulation lab is very advance.

I'm actually doing the same thing. I'm a rising junior and taking my DAT in 3 weeks and applying this cycle... It doesn't hurt, as long as everything is done and your stats are solid. And it definitely puts you as a unique candidate when compared with the student who did the same thing you did in 3 but took 4 years to do it..

sorry..didn't know i hit reply..ignore me plz

I'm actually doing the same thing. I'm a rising junior and taking my DAT in 3 weeks and applying this cycle... It doesn't hurt, as long as everything is done and your stats are solid. And it definitely puts you as a unique candidate when compared with the student who did the same thing you did in 3 but took 4 years to do it..

I, my self, applied last year right after i just finished with second year if undergraduate . I just want to say that the chance of getting I'm without a bs is very slim. Out of 15 schools i only got one interview from western. As of right now I'm still wait listed for their school. Nonetheless I'm reapplying. Hopefully it'll be better this time since i will earn my bs prior matriculation :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk