What are your plans for the summer before the end of your life as you know it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WTFRichard

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any plans before you start med school this fall? I think I may travel to Europe or Australia, but I wanted some input for you guys. Also, the the current med students out there, what should the pre-meds take advantage of before med school starts?

Members don't see this ad.

I was initially thinking about traveling, but then I recently started hanging out with a lot of friends I haven't seen since high school and I've changed my mind a little bit. I'm just spending a lot of time reconnecting with people, reading books I never got around to reading, and watching movies I've wanted to see for a while. Other than that, I'm just trying to relax before I step into hell.

Reactions: 2 users
I am going to spend as much time with as many of my friends and family members as a I can, east coast, west coast, and points in between. I cannot wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me voy pa'l Colombia...weeeeepa

(I'm going to Colombia for like 5 or 6 weeks after I defend my thesis :D)

Reactions: 3 users
I've already started making the most of my time before med school! This winter has been epic with ton of skiing, snowshoeing, XC skiing, and indoor climbing. During the summer (once I am done with work), I plan to take as many hiking, biking, and rock climbing trips as I can. I'll be moving out of the mtns for school, so I need to enjoy them when I still have them easily accessible :) Additionally, I plan on traveling out to see family before everything begins.

Quitting my job. Playing videogames, reading, and watching television for 3 months.

Reactions: 1 users
Taking the Mrs and jumping on a flight to Europe for a couple of weeks. I'm going to make a pilgrimage to Westvleteren, Beligum to get a bottle of Westvleteren 12 from a monk. The rarest and "best" beer in the world.

That and Guinness. I shall drink a pint of shamrocked Guinness from the source.

I'm gonna go visit family back in the old country with the Mrs.

Ugh, so jealous! I'll be working until the bitter end :yuck:

Going to Colombia to see family. Then popping over to Brazil for the World Cup. And loooooots of Netflix.

I'm thinking Europe. Specifically the UK and maybe Italy.. And France, Switzerland, and Germany... And Spain... Too many places too little time!

Me voy pa'l Colombia...weeeeepa

(I'm going to Colombia for like 5 or 6 weeks after I defend my thesis :D)
Awesome! Which part of Colombia? I have family in Bogota and I can't wait to go back some day..

Awesome! Which part of Colombia? I have family in Bogota and I can't wait to go back some day..

I have family in Colombia too! I was born in Bogota and moved to the states when I was 8. Essentially all of my extended family lives there and in Cucuta. You should definitely go back - it's an amazing experience.

I have family in Colombia too! I was born in Bogota and moved to the states when I was 8. Essentially all of my extended family lives there and in Cucuta. You should definitely go back - it's an amazing experience.
I loved Bogota! All of my father's family lives there, and they have a ranch in Cachipay where we spent most of our time.