What best summarizes your attitude about being a DO student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Select all that apply (up to 4)

• I'm very proud to be a DO student rather than an MD student

• I'm proud to be a medical student

• I wanted MD but I can settle for being a DO

• At times I feel regret that I did not get into an MD school

• At times I am embarrassed to be a DO student rather than an MD student

• At times I feel inferior to MD students

• It humiliates me that I have to go to a DO school

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatIsJustice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm proud that I am a DO student. I am proud that I am training to be a doctor and someone who can help my patients. My head is not so stuck up my ass that I actually dilute myself into forgetting that and in taking extreme value in my education.

Now do I feel like I have disadvantages as a DO? Sure, I'm actually somewhat salty about it. But is it an inferiority complex? Hardly. Do I adore OMM? No, but I can see myself using some techniques in future practice if I have a patient with a legitimate msk concern.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
These kinds of posts on SDN are beginning to make me sick. You sound like my grandma, "Do D.O.s even perform surgery?!" YES!! THEY ARE FULLY LICENSED PHYSICIANS! Why do people feel the need to hop on here and ask others how they feel about being a D.O. student. If you are trying to convince yourself of something, then you shouldn't apply to D.O.. It shouldn't matter what other think, only what YOU think.

Go to the MD forum sub-section and ask them this same question, but reverse the position of the M.D. and D.O. in your poll. Come back to me with your results.

Reactions: 2 users
How have you not been banned yet? Your post history isn't even subtle..

Reactions: 1 users
This topic is essentially asking to be another MD vs. DO or Do You Regret Going DO thread which has been discussed ad nauseum. So closing.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.