What books to buy for Diagnostic Exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zaids37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys used/what was helpful in terms of Diagnostic Exams. I heard Exam Crackers series was good to use for these?? Not really sure. I plan to mix content review with diagnostics and practice problems but haven't had a chance to take any diagnostics yet.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There's a company called the "AAMC." They are affiliated with medical schools.,and they offer self-assesment exams too!

There's a company called the "AAMC." They are affiliated with medical schools.,and they offer self-assesment exams too!

Yea I know about the AAMC full length tests but I was looking for tests that cover one section at a time (Biological sciences or physical sciences) and score that section like it was the MCAT. I have the exam crackers verbal reasoning 101 for practice VR tests but was looking for one with the other section..

The AAMC self assessments do just that. I'd stick with those if you're looking for a section like test to assess your strengths. If you're looking for more practice passages by section, then BR's books and the TPRH Science Workbook are both great choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
When SN2ed speaks, it is best to listen. In all seriousness, it sounds like you should do a bit of research into how to prep for the MCAT. Generally diagnostics are considered worthless unless using them solely for practice. As SN2ed said, TBR and TPRH Science Workbook are full of great passages that provide excellent practice. I don't know if getting both is necessary, though. That is, unless you wish to test yourself over multiple topics at one time, which TPRH seems to do a bit more (not all that much). Either resource is great, and can be found for a reasonable price on the For Sale forums on SDN. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys! I purchased the TPRH workbook and they're verbal workbook as well for practice :)