About the ads

What can job options do I have with my qualifications?

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by drxt, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. drxt

drxt

Psychologist

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    First of all I would like to thank anyone that takes the time to read & reply to my question.

I am a new member on this site and would like some direction/insight because I feel quite lost right now. I have a bachelor degree in liberal arts and sciences from a respectable university and I am in the process in completing a one year master degree in Clinical Psychology at an university in the Netherlands.

My goal in life is to become a Clinical Psychologist, but I do not know which route to take or what options I have based on my qualifications. I was considering in finding an internship and then trying to apply for a Psych. D in the U.K but I do not know if I am eligible since I do not have a bachelor in psychology, plus I understand that the field is extremely competitive.

At this point I feel extremely disillusioned and do not know what I can even achieve from my qualifications alone. I feel that my other options would be to try to pursue this route in France or Spain (I am fluent in both languages and lived in both countries) but I just feel extremely stuck at this point. If all fails then I will opt in finding any career that I can at this point.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody could give me any insight on what career options I have based on my qualifications or advice on who I could ask or research up on. Thanx again!
  2. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty Moderator Emeritus

Psychologist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    You may get more of a response if you copy your post to the WAMC thread in the Doctor forum. That thread talks about competitiveness of applicants for doctoral training, which may answer some of your questions.
  3. drxt

drxt

Psychologist
    Thank you for letting me know :) I will do that.