What can you realistically expect to make right out of dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flipps

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Within your first few years?

I've heard numbers that vary from 90-100k... are those accurate?

How long would it take usually to set up a practice?

Members don't see this ad.

cash.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
yah! this topic! again!

Within your first few years?

I've heard numbers that vary from 90-100k... are those accurate?

How long would it take usually to set up a practice?

sh**, that is less than a pharmacist, my pharmacist told me that he make 110000 right out of school.

sh**, that is less than a pharmacist, my pharmacist told me that he make 110000 right out of school.

Sure, and then they stay at that salary for the rest of their life, unless they do a really good job and their boss Ricky gives them a raise. That or they can try and open a private practice across the street from Walgreen, CVS and Walmart.

There is a big range of salaries for new dentists. I remember when my bro was applying an older dentist north of LA said, "well, my last associate started out at $80K but you better believe she worked for it!". A lot of dental chains throw around the figure $120K.

i have not heard of anything less than 120K from my classmates, and we are in a very saturated area.

It really depends on where you are planning on working. Even within the same state, there can be dramatic differences in salary. It would help if you post where you are considering working.

I'll give you a strip of paper with, "$____ Dollar Bill," written on it if that will help you.