What chance do I have for career in medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysfan01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.0 gpa so far and am heading into my fourth year. Although, I have failed two courses: genetics and physics. I am taking my MCAT this September. I have great extracurricular which is what hindered me in my first two years! I am foreshadowing with my doctor, companion at Dementia Society, work part time as Pharmacy Assistant. Considering all these, do you think if I pull off good grades in last year and push it to same 3.0 and get a mcat score of 512, do I have any chance for med school or DO? Appreciate your help guys in replies!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.0 gpa so far and am heading into my fourth year. Although, I have failed two courses: genetics and physics. I am taking my MCAT this September. I have great extracurricular which is what hindered me in my first two years! I am foreshadowing with my doctor, companion at Dementia Society, work part time as Pharmacy Assistant. Considering all these, do you think if I pull off good grades in last year and push it to same 3.0 and get a mcat score of 512, do I have any chance for med school or DO? Appreciate your help guys in replies!

You have a lot of "ifs" in there. I would definitely do grade replacement for DO- replace anything<C and absolutely kill it. Come back when you have an MCAT. In theory, killing the MCAT and getting A's in your retakes will make you very competitive for DO