What Chem scores did you guys (if you study only Chads) get ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesolic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Chads is the best method to study gchem and ochem..

I am pretty good at Ochem but bad at gchem..

So, I am going to study with Chads but only Chad..

For those who studied gchem using only Chads ( Except you know overall ideas through your previous class in the college ) what are the scores ?

Does chad help you guys to get gchem up to like 28, 29 even 30 ?

or it just help little bit so that you get "JUST GOOD" score to be more competitive.. ( which is 19 - 23 )

If Chad method help me to get around 19-23 I would find other method to study to get around 27,28 even 30..

Please advice

Members don't see this ad.

I know Chads is the best method to study gchem and ochem..

I am pretty good at Ochem but bad at gchem..

So, I am going to study with Chads but only Chad..

For those who studied gchem using only Chads ( Except you know overall ideas through your previous class in the college ) what are the scores ?

Does chad help you guys to get gchem up to like 28, 29 even 30 ?

or it just help little bit so that you get "JUST GOOD" score to be more competitive.. ( which is 19 - 23 )

If Chad method help me to get around 19-23 I would find other method to study to get around 27,28 even 30..

Please advice

That's a tricky one. Here's why: the way the DAT is set up is such that you may never be able to get a specific score, such as 29. I studied Chad, got 23's on both which was 98th percentile. I would say that is competitive. So it all kind of depends. Have you checked out the page that shows how many you have to get right out of 30 to receive those scores? In some sections of the DAT you can never even get a perfect score :(

I am interested in knowing about this as well as I will be relying on mostly chad's videos for gen chem and ochem. Is it a GUARANTEE that you will get at least a 19 or 20 for these two sections if you understand all his videos and quizzes?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a tricky one. Here's why: the way the DAT is set up is such that you may never be able to get a specific score, such as 29. I studied Chad, got 23's on both which was 98th percentile. I would say that is competitive. So it all kind of depends. Have you checked out the page that shows how many you have to get right out of 30 to receive those scores? In some sections of the DAT you can never even get a perfect score :(

Can you tell me the site that explains about the DAT score ?

I heard that if I miss 3, 4 then the score will be like 23, 22, but that's scary that some guys miss 1,2 and they get like 29 or 28 which will make huge difference in TS and AA

I used chads and destroyer and got a 29 in gchem and 23 in ochem.

So, Do you think only chads is not enough to get a perfect score like you ? chad might make you miss one or two questions which makes huge difference ?

Edit : the reason I ask this is that if I just need to study Chad only not destroyer, then this will give me a lot of extra time to study other stuff. If chad can't make a perfect score like you, then I would like to study destroyer but if it's overkill then I wouldn't.. I am aiming to get around 29 or even 30 on both chem.. since it hard to miss even one ochem question on destroyer ( ochem in destroyer is still too easy for me since I was always good at ochem.. ) , I would like to get around perfect score on gchem as well.

I might get not good score on Bio ( usually I get 19 or 20 on practice exam ) and reading !!! ( I get only 17s..... )

Can you tell me the site that explains about the DAT score ?

I heard that if I miss 3, 4 then the score will be like 23, 22, but that's scary that some guys miss 1,2 and they get like 29 or 28 which will make huge difference in TS and AA

Yeah it is super scary.. Search DAT Estimation and go to the ADA website that comes up! Keep in mind, the percentiles change depending on the test you take...there are a few DATs out there at any one time. When is the DAT for all of you? Good luck!!

I am interested in knowing about this as well as I will be relying on mostly chad's videos for gen chem and ochem. Is it a GUARANTEE that you will get at least a 19 or 20 for these two sections if you understand all his videos and quizzes?

Honestly, I think so! I am HORRIBLE at chemistry and hadn't taken it in 6 years...chad chad chad is the way to go!

Honestly, I think so! I am HORRIBLE at chemistry and hadn't taken it in 6 years...chad chad chad is the way to go!

LOL I had chemistry 3 years ago and I forgot almost all of them. After watching Chad I feel like I know everything now :laugh:

Yeah this is exactly what I was wondering and no one seems to know ..

I have heard many people say that Chad's videos THEMSELVES should be enough to get you at least a 19. Not sure how destroyer can help since I also heard that it is 10x more difficult than the actual test.

So, Do you think only chads is not enough to get a perfect score like you ? chad might make you miss one or two questions which makes huge difference ?

Edit : the reason I ask this is that if I just need to study Chad only not destroyer, then this will give me a lot of extra time to study other stuff. If chad can't make a perfect score like you, then I would like to study destroyer but if it's overkill then I wouldn't.. I am aiming to get around 29 or even 30 on both chem.. since it hard to miss even one ochem question on destroyer ( ochem in destroyer is still too easy for me since I was always good at ochem.. ) , I would like to get around perfect score on gchem as well.

I might get not good score on Bio ( usually I get 19 or 20 on practice exam ) and reading !!! ( I get only 17s..... )

Your question is scary to me. The way you ask the question you are saying you are severely limited on time and yet you are counting on the resource to make the difference not the time spent studying. This is probably the most important test for the rest of your life, don't shortchange yourself on preparing for it.

All resources are good in their own way. To maximize your [learning / time] you need to identify the style of learner you are. If you skip class and learn from a text book / lecturer's powerpoint, then you would want to use printed texts. If you go to class and do a little homework, then the videos could be right for you.

Either method you choose the results are going to be a factor of time spent learning AND reviewing. Even though Chad has a lot of questions on the site, using Destroyer or other review sets will help solidify your understanding long term so your short term memory doesn't fail you during the test.