What classes are considered for Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tabstar

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question regarding the calculation of a Science GPA. I took engineering classes and was wondering if those engineering classes are considered under the Science GPA.
Also, I am planning to complete a minor in Psychology and was wondering if that is considered under the Science GPA...
Theoretically these are "sciences" but not natural sciences...
Please advise...
Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I believe by "sciences" they calculate the GPA from the science courses required to attend.

Science GPA is comprised of ALL science classes, regardless of whether or not they are prereqs. The ADEA/AADSAS instruction booklet lists what specific courses are.

You'd be surprised as to what constitutes a science class.

Members don't see this ad :)
All your engineering and psychology classes are sciences.

Are math classes considered under the science GPA? I've heard both yes and no. Anybody know for sure?

download the application. there are explicit instructions and tables of courses and what catgeories they count for. you don't have to apply to download the app. its online somewhere i forget where.

It should'nt really matter if it is factored in the science GPA or not...Im sure dental schools take a good consideration as to how your whole overall GPA looks. This makes sure they have a much better all around student rather than just a scientific geek. Thats my 2 cents. Bottom line...be sure to do well in all your classes...because, hey, maybe ceramics and art appreciation will come in handy over chem I in the long run...

Originally posted by neuropimp
It should'nt really matter if it is factored in the science GPA or not...Im sure dental schools take a good consideration as to how your whole overall GPA looks. This makes sure they have a much better all around student rather than just a scientific geek. Thats my 2 cents. Bottom line...be sure to do well in all your classes...because, hey, maybe ceramics and art appreciation will come in handy over chem I in the long run...

At some schools this is certainly true (in regards to the art classes). And schools will look at that overall GPA.

Hey all,
Thanks for the responses. I checked out the document posted on the ADEA website. Well I am still unclear about the following and if they are considered under the Science GPA:

Health Classes listed under the College of Education at University of Houston

The document lists Health Science, Other...Is that the same as Health Education classes or just Health classes...

Would it depend on the prerequisites required for the class (i.e. other natural science classes) or the class content or all health classes considered for science gpa...

Would appreciate your feedback...Sorry if this question sounds redundant but I was not able to find this in the archives.

Thanks!